Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

not really sure where to post this, been invited to a wedding, complicated family issue wwyd?

(4 Posts)
peoplepleaser2014 Tue 25-Feb-14 16:15:23

I have nc'd for this.
I have been invited to a wedding of someone I was friends with growing up and we reconnected over the last few years as she is now also my sil's sister.
I accepted and was looking forward to going.

Fast forward a few weeks and my DB and SIL have split (totally his fault, and its now getting very complicated - that would be a whole other discussion).

I am now a bit wary of going, as I don't want to make anything awkward for her or her family (it would be, I cant say too much as I don't want to out myself) on her wedding day, so I know the right thing to do would be to speak to her about it and pull out (there are still a few months to go and the situation might change I suppose but I am conscious of how much notice she would need).

Offred Tue 25-Feb-14 16:22:21

Speak to her and ask her what she'd prefer.

NatashaBee Tue 25-Feb-14 16:30:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HelenHen Tue 25-Feb-14 17:19:40

Oh that's a tough one. We had to uninvite bil to our wedding after him and sil split. It was very upsetting! We had many mutual friends and I later discovered they isolated sil at wedding because of this. Families can be shit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now