Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

to split or make it work??? advice pleeeeease :(

(3 Posts)
strugglingmummy28 Mon 24-Feb-14 18:53:54

need some advice.....has your partner ever slept with another woman and you've made it work afterwards?? I was 8 months pregnant and I gave him the ultimatum drink or family he ran off...he wanted to come back but I said not until u address the drink that's got out of hand...he tried to commit suicide...since then he's gone 4months without a drop...on anti-depressants n going to counselling to sort his issues which go bk to childhood...I want to help him but I'm still so angry but yet I love him and know he did genuinely have a breakdown...I've been carrying on but now it's all catching up on me....ne1 ever got bk together and it worked? we have 2 children so don'tac want a broken family but can I ever trust him again??

Coelacanth Mon 24-Feb-14 19:56:24

If you have a small baby to care for OP you've got quite enough on your plate at the moment.

Sometimes people do make it work but not before time alone to work out what went wrong and most importantly how to safeguard themselves against making those mistakes again. He isn't there yet I suspect.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 24-Feb-14 20:03:59

I think, if you want to help him, you give his sobriety, counselling and medical treatment a proper chance to become second nature. Four months is a really short period of time and relapses are depressingly common in alcoholics. That said, you sound very keen to get him back and I expect that's what you're going to do. Just make sure you're doing it 'eyes open'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now