Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Fed up with a string of failed relationships.

(9 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Sun 23-Feb-14 23:09:52

I tend to have a succession of short and normally shite relationships. I tend to get very heart broken after each split and I am becoming increasingly despondent as everyone around me is settling down.
It's almost as though I've given up as I tend to ruin my relationships as I get anxious around the time of my period.
I know everyone keeps saying be happy single and it will happen when you least expect it.i have been single on and off for years and tbh I am lonely. Plus even though it may well happen when I least expect it it will only be a matter of time before I ruin it through my insecurity.
I am fed up of doing everything alone. I even had a baby alone and I want a partner in crime....for longer than 5 months!

beaglesaresweet Mon 24-Feb-14 01:49:15

I really sympathise about PMT, OP. Don't know what to advise though. I'm single atm, and I found in the past that men can't deal with pmt well - I think it's very immature of them as all it takes is understanding for a few days and being kind. I also wonder how do other women find those very supportive H's or BF's who support them through all sorts of illness let alone PMT. What is the secret in finding a man like that?

Asfaik most/many, women are affected by PMT, yet most women have partners, so I'd love advice on how they manage to control the PMT or to get the partners to deal with it.

innisglas Mon 24-Feb-14 03:15:46

Mmm, I don't know about relationships, but my daughter had such bad PMT, period pains and other related problems that I took her to an acupuncturist and it really really helped.

superstarheartbreaker Mon 24-Feb-14 06:04:18

When I get pmt it normally coincides with the man behaving badly. For example...with mt ex I started my period and my ex told me he couldnt afford to see me for the rest of the month...cue massive row and split. He was a knob to me about Iit.
Mabevi am more sensitive when due on but I think I am less likely to tolerate bad behaviour . I think they pick up on the mounting tension but im not a monster....I just expect support.
The irony is my ex moaned on and on about people not worjing on their relationships then he was off like a shot!

ArtVandelay Mon 24-Feb-14 07:11:06

Have you tried just staying away from people while you feel like this and having a few days with hot baths and early nights?

I do sympathise but I know if I acted on all my mad feelings when i've got PMT I would have no friends left! I find other people (DH, friends) accept this hiding away as perfectly normal. Try it - it can't hurt can it.

superstarheartbreaker Mon 24-Feb-14 16:34:35

That's what I should do but I never see it coming til it's too late.

KatieScarlett2833 Mon 24-Feb-14 16:41:28

I have a period tracker app so I can issue a DEFCON 1 alert to DH on PMT day.
I am perfectly pleasant and rational for the other 27 days but I turn into an utter raving mess on day 28.

hookedonchoc Mon 24-Feb-14 17:10:31

Sorry yoy're having a bad run. I know someone who had success with evening primrose capsules, have you tried this? Supposed to have a balancing effect for hormones, I believe.

That said, she had evil pmt plus a lovely boyfriend so there are nice guys out there who aren't scared off. Hope things improve for you. cake

superstarheartbreaker Mon 24-Feb-14 18:44:24

Thank you. The right guy would understand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now