Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you sleep with your bra on?

(91 Posts)
bouncyboobs Thu 20-Feb-14 22:12:41

Sorry if slightt off topic, watching that body shockers thing and it just got mentioned!

I do... Is that weird? Does it make a difference?

FreeLikeABird Thu 20-Feb-14 22:13:46

Oh god no, do you not feel uncomfortable? I like to be "free" when sleeping, so to speak smile

purplemurple1 Thu 20-Feb-14 22:14:04

Not now I'm fat but when I was slim and perky I did. Think it's just a comfort thing.

AmsterdamT Thu 20-Feb-14 22:14:55

I do too. Too uncomfortable otherwise.

Nottalotta Thu 20-Feb-14 22:14:57

No!! I never have done. How uncomfortable it must be? I don't have large boobs but if i did surely a vest with 'hidden support' would do the job and be more comfortable?

ShatnersBassoon Thu 20-Feb-14 22:15:18

No, my favourite part of the day is taking my bra off and having a good scratch and fumble. Free and easy all night for me grin

Dirtybadger Thu 20-Feb-14 22:15:30

BORRRRRN FFREEEEEE

Nah couldn't be doing with that. Not very comfortable.

AShowerOfBastards Thu 20-Feb-14 22:15:55

Sometimes I do, got in the habit when pg with DD1 as needed more support, then a year of bf so needed feeding bras on at night, then DD2 came along so it all began again. I've just stopped feeding her and its been lovely taking it off at bedtime now, much more comfortable.

Slh122 Thu 20-Feb-14 22:16:23

I do but only because I'm breastfeeding and if I don't I wake up with milk all over the bed so need something to put the breast pads in!
Never did before I had DS. Can't wait for the day I can go to sleep again without one on!

AShowerOfBastards Thu 20-Feb-14 22:16:49

grin at having a scratch and a fumble

Fairylea Thu 20-Feb-14 22:18:13

My bra comes off the minute I get in the house let alone wearing one at night! Sounds like torture!

I'm a 30GG and I let them run free smile

FannyBazaar Thu 20-Feb-14 22:20:05

I did once by accident (must have been very tired) and was surprised to discover it in the morning under my vest and to have slept comfortably oblivious! I have big massive boobs Nottalotta 'hidden support' is definitely not for big boobs, there's never enough space in there for boobage.

scottishmummy Thu 20-Feb-14 22:20:24

Shower as soon asi get home change into pj

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Thu 20-Feb-14 22:22:19

I wear a bra to bed and have done for years. Too uncomfortable otherwise. Wear non wired ones to bed, couldn't tolerate an underwired one.

FunkyBoldRibena Thu 20-Feb-14 22:22:28

I am often found in traffic with my arm up my back unclipping the bloody things. And sliding the strap down one arm under a jumper to remove it as soon as I can.

StrawberryCheese Thu 20-Feb-14 22:23:37

No I don't. I'm only small though, perhaps I'd think differently if I was bigger and needed support.

GreenShadow Thu 20-Feb-14 22:23:46

Sleep on my front most the time, so definitely not.

bouncyboobs Thu 20-Feb-14 22:24:44

Mine is not uncomfortable in the slightest! Maybe it's just too big for me? Feeling inadequately sized now... Amazed at the majority weighting here!

poorbuthappy Thu 20-Feb-14 22:24:55

Sometimes.
Sometimes they just feel like they need the support. grin

Gillian1980 Thu 20-Feb-14 22:25:48

No, I'm glad to get the thing off and let it all hang loose. I have massive boobs but don't need to support them in bed, I just let them relax into my armpits haha

CheckpointCharlie Thu 20-Feb-14 22:29:37

Free boobing for me. I also take my bra off as soon as possible at the end of each day!

SquidTableau Thu 20-Feb-14 22:31:12

At 28GG there's no way I could have unfettered norks at night, it'd be much too uncomfy. I have special plain cotton bras for nighttime! And haven't slept without since I was 16.

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 20-Feb-14 22:34:37

I have wonderful PJs with soft support in them perfect solution.

PowderMum Thu 20-Feb-14 22:35:14

Another person here with rather large norks, my bra comes off as soon as I get in, sometimes I will wear a soft bra whilst relaxing around the house, nothing in bed, just hang free, I find it very comfortable.

Runwayqueen Thu 20-Feb-14 22:36:04

I wear mine, get pain in my boobs otherwise. Although this is only since being pregnant (mind that was four years ago, strange)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now