Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

so what's the most crass thing someone has ever said when your relationship ended?

(94 Posts)
KingR0llo Thu 20-Feb-14 19:09:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lavenderhoney Thu 20-Feb-14 19:20:06

King Rollo! That's awfulsad

A few

- I dumped an LTR for his affairs - my mum " beg him to come back as no one else will want you if you lived with someone before"

- " yeah, we all knew. Knew for months. She seems alright though. Shit isn't it?" A friend.

An ex who broke my heart. I was devastated and a co worker said " not much to look at was he? Still you'll soon meet someone else, you're obviously not fussy"

When telling a friend of dh behaviour and my planning to leave " he's so nice though. Can't you turn a blind eye? He'll miss the dc. You are being selfish"

Dm " but he works so hard! He deserves some fun"

KingR0llo Thu 20-Feb-14 19:23:45

SilenceOfTheSAHMs Thu 20-Feb-14 19:32:59

Oooh oooh ooooh can I join the "Survivors Of Chefs" Quiche?
My ex-h was a pisshead chef, getting smashed into the early hours with fellow chefs/waitresses.

He told me nobody would want me with "A kid in tow"

Turns out no-one wants him now.

Fuck him, he pissed the bed anyway.

WhileWeSleep Thu 20-Feb-14 19:36:11

"He pisses the bed anyway" <arf> grin

KingR0llo Thu 20-Feb-14 19:36:31

whydidthishappen Thu 20-Feb-14 19:48:11

After a break up with a former fiancé, my co-worker told me, "He was always a bit out of your league though, wasn't he".

I'm married with a DS now. Ex is still single. Maybe he's out of everyones league?

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Thu 20-Feb-14 19:49:05

An ex who broke my heart. I was devastated and a co worker said " not much to look at was he? Still you'll soon meet someone else, you're obviously not fussy"

This would actually cheer me up! grin

KingR0llo Thu 20-Feb-14 19:55:15

WaitingForMe Thu 20-Feb-14 19:58:34

When DH left his ex her mum said to her "I hope you don't expect me to help with childcare because you couldn't keep your marriage together."

She is a truly hideous woman to the extent it's not real. Like she's some kind of Disney villain who sometimes turns up at birthday parties and sports days.

Pigsmummy Thu 20-Feb-14 20:10:37

I was told that my imperfections outweighed my qualities.

KingR0llo Thu 20-Feb-14 20:13:31

Tiredemma Thu 20-Feb-14 20:14:05

I told a clearly deranged ex that I was finishing with him.

He told me that he was going to get an AIDS test and if it came back positive, he was going to kill me.

kentishgirl Thu 20-Feb-14 20:15:18

My ex mother in law, on being asked by ex husband if she could help out with childcare for a few days in summer holidays (and I heard her over the phone screaming this at him - ex had called me to talk to son as he was upset at her going mental) 'why does she have to be so special and have a job, I didn't work when I was a single mum'. In fact she never worked a single day in her life, lazy cow.

AthelstaneTheUnready Thu 20-Feb-14 20:16:23

"Don't you know who he is?" from his mother.

"Don't you know who I am?" from him.

confused

Fairylea Thu 20-Feb-14 20:16:45

My mum told me my now ex was "brave" for leaving me and dd as he wasn't happy. Still haven't forgiven her for that one 6 years later and now happily remarried.

Innogen Thu 20-Feb-14 20:18:47

Well, you're not dead Tired, so I assume he didn't have aids?

SaucyJack Thu 20-Feb-14 20:19:45

Sorry lavender, but that "You're obviously not fussy" is genius.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 20-Feb-14 20:19:54

"You might aswell get rid of that [our unborn baby] too." I didnt take his advice.

KingR0llo Thu 20-Feb-14 20:27:47

peppersaunt Thu 20-Feb-14 20:41:26

"Don't feel bad, I feel great". Wanker, still unmarried (who knows why)

Lavenderhoney Thu 20-Feb-14 20:41:56

It wasn't funny, please!! I thought he was lovelysmile

Even my hairdresser, on seeing his pic said " is he really your bf? I just imagined someone, well, different"

And I once got asked in a bar " is that your bf? You gotta be joking, doll"
Then as bf got the giggles at the horror of himsmile my would be rescuer said, gestulating at his large scary looking male companion " want my mate here to get rid of him?!"

Some people are horrid. I notice they love the drama though, until it happens to them.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 20-Feb-14 20:43:39

Not so much crass words as crass actions. A few weeks after he'd gone it was our wedding anniversary and a bouquet of flowers arrived. I thought it was some grand attempt at reconciliation until I read the card that came with them ..... and found they were from my well-intentioned but very insensitive DM. Talk about dashed hopes. confused

whydidthishappen Thu 20-Feb-14 20:50:30

Ha KingRollo, he wasn't George Clooney, but he was a model. He was very bright and we were together for years. Nice to know that so many of my co-workers were looking at me behind my back thinking, "woof! what is he doing with her".

We are still good friends. But I guess the right Kate Moss never came along for him. Which is a shame to waste such handsome genes.

BitchPeas Thu 20-Feb-14 20:52:43

About 3 days after having a MC and getting dumped on the same day

'Its for the best, you would have ended up a single mum, again ' followed by a heavy sigh.

Thanks mam, thanks hmm

I've only ever had 3 relationships in my life, one 6 year, marriage and DS.
One 2 years, ended with contraception failure then MC and being dumped
And the one I'm in now.

It's not like I have 15 kids running around!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now