Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Vague and unresolved break ups

(6 Posts)
bogroll Wed 19-Feb-14 10:23:18

Are these the hardest to get over?
You know, the 'It's not you, it's me' type.
I sometimes think if I had something to hate ex over I'd find it easier to get over. If he did something I could hate him over.

Lweji Wed 19-Feb-14 10:25:19

Who broke up with whom?

bogroll Wed 19-Feb-14 10:48:48

I did. By text. For the third time in our 'relationship'.
....and he's an axe murdered to boot.

Sorry, being a bit facetious, but one writing it I realize my own stupidity about having nothing to hate him over

ChoccyDigestive82 Wed 19-Feb-14 11:45:02

Hmm

My ex was a witch. We had told each other we were falling for each other on the Saturday night then by Sunday night she was asking on Twitter how do you know who the right person for you is! She froze me out until I finally had to end things for my own sanity....within days she was back with her ex.

Don't feel like I had much closure from that though and would love to ask her now why I wasn't enough for her. I wouldn't but would like to lol

SSaying that, I am happy with my current partner so fuck it

bogroll Wed 19-Feb-14 11:53:02

Yes I feel that way too.
Truth is, and I bloody hate myself for feeling like this, but I want to hear from him. I keep checking my email to see if he'll change his mind and contact me. I think because he's done it before it's made me feel like this. Like things are not really over. It makes it hard for me to move on.
I don't seem to be able to just end it in my own mind, even though intellectually I know that's what I have to do as this relationship has not been healthy for me.

Lweji Wed 19-Feb-14 13:53:09

That's definitely not healthy.
If you believe ending is the right thing, then cut all possibilities of contact or going back.
For example, send any incoming emails to the delete box.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now