Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

sorry third time lucky or unlucky what to do?? :-(

(12 Posts)
HelloBoys Tue 18-Feb-14 13:40:03

I know this is my third post on this relationship but asking for advice/input again.

So I haven't kicked the boyfriend's ass to the kerb yet but more and more it seems like after 3.5 months I don't want him in my life with his issues.

He wants to meet up on Thursday evening for a chat - this was after I got mad at him last week.

I've been up and down like a yo yo (surprise) with my emotions over this one.

I'm almost sure he or I will end it then. Question is how? Should I just get in there and say I'm ending it. Or hear him out. I don't want to do the friends bit either.

I just don't want to end up a snivelling wreck (quite likely) or lose my temper (equally likely) so will most likely have 1 G&T and then soft drinks.

Thanks and please help!

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Tue 18-Feb-14 13:42:56

I wouldn't bother meeting up for a chat, whats the point?

Could you busy yourself with friends, family, work, gym and hobbies for a couple of weeks to wean yourself off him?

niceupthedance Tue 18-Feb-14 13:53:30

I would call him up and tell him you want to call it a day. Sounds like he's planning a similar speech. At least then you won't have to cry into your lemonade in public.

Jan45 Tue 18-Feb-14 14:09:19

What is the actual point of meeting then?

Finola1step Tue 18-Feb-14 14:22:58

So you've only been seeing him for 14 weeks or so? Why so much drama? Just call him, tell him you won't be meeting up, that you are calling it a day, no hard feelings. Goodbye. Toughen up, dump him, get on with your life.

MadBusLady Tue 18-Feb-14 14:44:25

Oh god, don't go. It sounds awful. Why would you put yourself through that? You don't have to have any conversation you don't want to have. I've not seen your previous posts but after 3.5 months I think a text or email would be quite sufficient. And don't even mention the friends thing, just resolve not to respond if he contacts you again. You can make a decision in your head without anybody else having to agree to it.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 18-Feb-14 16:20:26

Agreeing with others, why waste your time? What are his 'issues'?

HelloBoys Tue 18-Feb-14 17:14:57

Jan - that's the thing I was umming and aahing as to did I want him, could I cope with all this etc.

and really now I don't think I can be bothered with it.

surely if he wanted to end it it'd be by email/text right?

NotNewButNameChanged Tue 18-Feb-14 17:29:02

We're not mindreaders! Some people end things by texts (cowardly), some by a call, some in person.

I don't see why it matters. You've already said you can't be bothered with it.

Why not just get it over and done with rather than constantly ask pointless questions on here over something that's only been going a matter of weeks and is hardly a serious relationship.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 18-Feb-14 17:40:41

Why are you waiting for him to end it? Cut him loose and save yourself a lot of bother.

MadBusLady Tue 18-Feb-14 17:43:09

Are you asking because your main concern is to be competitively nice in the way you end it? Should your wellbeing not be your main concern?

Finola1step Tue 18-Feb-14 20:01:52

Does it matter if you're not sure if and how he will end it? The key issue is that after just a few short months (in which you should still be getting to know each other, loving each others company etc) you are already fed up. This tells you all you need to know.

Make a decision. Tell him. Stick to it. Move on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now