Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

When do you know when you and DH become...

(4 Posts)
Skivvywoman Tue 18-Feb-14 12:44:41

Like brother and sister??

This is just out of curiosity!

I've heard people becoming more like brother and sister but never knew what they meant

A couple I know have split up because they feel like this, and would just like to understand what they mean

RyanGoslingsSecretWife Tue 18-Feb-14 12:47:48

This is what happened in my first marriage and for me it was when the passion goes out of kissing and it feels wrong!

Sortyourmakeupout Tue 18-Feb-14 12:51:44

I think when you stop fancying them and wanting to be intimate.

When the thoughts of it alone make you cringe.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 18-Feb-14 12:53:57

It means there's no acrimony but nothing special holding them together either. They're living alongside each other as friends rather than together as lovers. Passionless as the PP says.

Plenty of people live this way and don't have a problem with it. When it tends to gets thorny is when one of the people in the relationship want more or when they meet someone new who reminds them what they're missing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now