Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relationships after childbirth

(4 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Mon 17-Feb-14 16:44:34

Had dc3 3 weeks ago.. Early days I know but I have issues with how I look.. And poor dp is so loving but me not feeling myself makes me not want to be all cuddly and initiate things. I just don't feel up to it at the minute....?? He takes it personally too but I just always either feel too busy with dc's or just tired.

Finding time with our dc's is tricky as he works full time. And any spare time we use as family time.

Over Christmas we got the opportunity to have a couple of hours child free. Just to have a coffee and lunch. It was bliss and we hadn't laughed so much in ages. Just to spend time together enjoying each others company. But it is a rarity...

How can we keep it alive?

pinkfluffypoodleface Mon 17-Feb-14 17:07:21

He wants to have sex within 3 weeks of childbirth & takes it personally when you don't want to?

Or is this not about sex & more about having intimate time together non sexually?

Sorry sunshine, please would you clarify brew

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 17-Feb-14 17:43:53

For a start, tell him to stop taking it 'personally' that you're not the Last of the Red Hot Mommas three weeks after birth and with two other children! hmm Intimacy is about sharing. So share the care of the children, share the night feeding and the housework or whatever & make each other feel loved and special, even if it's just by offering tea and a Hob-Nob. There's no point in 'taking it personally'

littleraysofsunshine Mon 17-Feb-14 21:02:05

Intimate time non sexually more so. The other stuff can wait as I'm not up to it yet.

He's great around the house and with kids. I do night feeds though as he works long days and I'm nursing. So he'll get up with the two girls before he goes and then I come down with baby.

I just feel out if whack. Tiredness and hormones still all over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now