Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to handle my friend? Long

(4 Posts)
brokenhearted55a Sat 15-Feb-14 18:48:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

brokenhearted55a Sat 15-Feb-14 18:53:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AndTheBandPlayedOn Sat 15-Feb-14 19:01:52

I would be tempted to parrot back what she said to you.
Or say "So?"

Oh, ignore me, but her level of dismissivenss toward you is not how a friend would be.

No you do not have to suck it up. Keep asking her, so what are you going to do? Or you could dump her on the grounds of serious character flaws.

sykadelic15 Sat 15-Feb-14 19:50:45

Unfortunately if you want to keep her as a friend, you'll have to just suck it up.

She's pregnant and emotional. She did what some girls do all the time, think they can change people then get upset and act surprised that they couldn't change them.

I would try and focus on the fact that he's at least said he's going to be there financially and, if you're up for it, suggesting to her that she needs to stop being upset about the guy, she doesn't need the stress, and get her life together and in order to show him how she doesn't need him and enjoy her life with her child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now