Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Where do you go if you want to leave?

(5 Posts)
macystacy Sat 15-Feb-14 17:04:47

I basically can't stand my husband most days, he is miserable and grumpy, does fuck all with the kids, looks miserable about doing anything, we have nothing in common, sex life is dire (always has been really). The only thing we do have is lots of money of which I am constantly reminded, everything comes back to him earning money.

I used to have a well paid job till I had the kids now after 6 years out of the work force I am lacking any confidence plus I have no family or assistance of any kind.

I am a SAHM so have no income so when I just can't stand it anymore, where do I go? I don't have any family or anywhere to go and I doubt he would leave the house?

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Sat 15-Feb-14 17:07:43

You file for divorce, then get a court order forcing him to sell the house, then you take your equity and put that towards your own home or if its not enough.

Or you can just leave and rent somewhere

Lweji Sat 15-Feb-14 17:08:09

You get an appointment with a solicitor.

And check out which benefits you'd be entitled to.

AmazingJumper Sat 15-Feb-14 17:24:36

Do you have any savings? If you have enough for a deposit and six months rent in advance you should be able to find somewhere to rent.

mammadiggingdeep Sat 15-Feb-14 17:34:38

Can you get access to joint account?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: