Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

breaking up

(15 Posts)
jesy Sat 15-Feb-14 12:51:16

Well seeing t he nice bloke today but will be ending it I've decided it's only fair , he pays for everything , I can't afford anything , he has kids to support n what does he get from me a quick fumble .

handfulofcottonbuds Sat 15-Feb-14 12:54:55

It's not all about money is it jesy? If you want to still see him then can you talk it through with him rather than just ending it?

There are lots of things you can do that don't cost much money or any money. Walks, museums, grab a take away coffee etc.

jesy Sat 15-Feb-14 12:59:05

Went to bank today a pound till Wednesdays sick of living lime this . He so nice and kind to me
He picking me up in a few hours n I'm Sat here crying

drivingmisslazy Sat 15-Feb-14 13:01:06

It's not all about money is it jesy? If you want to still see him then can you talk it through with him rather than just ending it?

There are lots of things you can do that don't cost much money or any money. Walks, museums, grab a take away coffee etc.

^ ^ ^

Do not make any rash decisions, talk to him first.

jesy Sat 15-Feb-14 13:02:17

I don't want to hurt as I really like hin

handfulofcottonbuds Sat 15-Feb-14 13:03:24

Do you like spending time with him? If so, please talk to him. Be honest, it sounds like it makes you feel guilty for him always paying but if you explain that then do you think he'll understand?

Is it the type of relationship where you can have him round for dinner? Doesn't even need to be anything fancy, it's not about the expense or the food, it's about spending time together - he can bring the wine.

jesy Sat 15-Feb-14 13:07:22

No I live at home so it's not possible my
Mum lovely but she interferes and he lives a t home since his marriage broke up.
I do cook for him but he takes it home with him.
I just feel awful as even that is basically left over s

handfulofcottonbuds Sat 15-Feb-14 13:13:56

I bet he loves that you do that though jesy, far more special than an expensive meal in a restaurant.

Talk to him today, I bet he puts your mind at rest and makes you feel better.

Most of us go through hard financial times, years ago I had food parcels given to me by the church to feed myself and my DS - all in tins with white labels, I didn't know if I was opening peaches or beans!

It won't always be like this lovely.

jesy Sat 15-Feb-14 13:17:33

It just left overs but made a curry , rice ,corn bread , and hone made bhajis

MadeMan Sat 15-Feb-14 13:20:08

Sounds as though this is more about how you feel about yourself than about your relationship with him. I don't think you really want to break up with him, so don't shoot yourself in the foot just because you don't think it's fair on him.

Has he complained that he pays for everything? Probably it's that he enjoys being with you and is happy to support you when you need it. The trouble with feeling sorry for yourself sometimes is that you can end up pushing away all the things that really matter in your life until you end up with nothing except bitterness and depression.

Don't end it just because you're feeling low. Talk to him if you need to and explain you feel bad for him paying all the time, but don't chuck it all away; it'll just make everything feel worse.

jesy Sat 15-Feb-14 13:37:55

Sorry I had a wobble
I really like he makes me smile and I'm not nervous around him like my ex

handfulofcottonbuds Sat 15-Feb-14 13:39:23

Tell him that jesy. Hope you feel a little better now.

MadeMan Sat 15-Feb-14 13:41:18

"I really like he makes me smile and I'm not nervous around him like my ex."

Good, that's the way of thinking that you need to hold onto. wink

jesy Sat 15-Feb-14 13:52:21

I'll talk To him today , looks like a walk if the rain holds off x

jesy Sat 15-Feb-14 19:06:03

I told him he was fine but he told me he drinks to much was ok with it n w he he spoke to his child I saw what I saw in him but now I'm confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now