Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is it right for a married man to be texting another woman everyday, even if its all innocent and they are just friends. ??

(124 Posts)
fruitandbarley Fri 14-Feb-14 17:16:18

And if not, why not?

wannaBe Fri 14-Feb-14 17:17:57

I don't see why not. No-one would say no if it was a man texting another man so why should a woman be any different if there is nothing more to it.

JohnFarleysRuskin Fri 14-Feb-14 17:19:40

For my married man, no.

I don't care what others do.

YankNCock Fri 14-Feb-14 17:20:28

Sure, why not? DH has a female friend he's known since uni. I wouldn't bat an eye if they texted every day. Maybe they do, I wouldn't know because I don't scrutinise his phone or our phone bills.

badbaldingballerina123 Fri 14-Feb-14 17:21:49

I'm with Johnfarley .

hickorychicken Fri 14-Feb-14 17:23:23

Dont see anything wrong with it.

Fairylea Fri 14-Feb-14 17:25:13

I wouldn't be happy if my dh did it. I think it means there's a level of emotional dependence / intimacy that I think is a bit dangerous. I'd hope that the woman who texts him most is me!

SirChenjin Fri 14-Feb-14 17:26:34

Depends what they're texting about and how prolific a texter your DH is with other people.

Timetoask Fri 14-Feb-14 17:28:53

Everyday? No, I wouldn't be happy with that. It shows too much of a connection with that person and could easily become an affair.

Viviennemary Fri 14-Feb-14 17:29:07

If people don't mind that would be up to them. I would certainly object. Every day. I agree that it implies emotional dependence and could easily turn into an affair.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 14-Feb-14 17:29:58

Too little information to judge really. Texting about what exactly? Doing it openly or in secret? Woman in question part of the family social circle? Old flame? Colleague? Willing participant or being reluctantly stalked?

sarahandduck Fri 14-Feb-14 17:32:40

It wouldn't worry me at all if it was my DH. He's got female friends that pre-date me by years and I've no idea how often they're in contact. He's also good friends with several female colleagues and they text / meet for drinks, etc. I guess it boils down to the fact that I totally trust him.

DrankSangriaInThePark Fri 14-Feb-14 17:34:05

Yes it's alright.

Unless they are fucking each other as well as texting.

MyNameIsKenAdams Fri 14-Feb-14 17:34:54

I whatsapp a group of friends daily. They happen to be women but if they were men id be annoyed if dh was not happy.

Dh regularly texts work clleagues (not about work). Some of them are women, sme are men.

jojoanna Fri 14-Feb-14 17:35:17

No it's not right. Why does he need to text everyday ? ?

ThatBloodyWoman Fri 14-Feb-14 17:36:47

If jt's all open and above board I don't expect my dh to socially isolate himself from members of the opposite sex.

He goes to work all day with other women, and talks to them, as I do with other men.

DrNick Fri 14-Feb-14 17:37:25

why not? i do it often

JohnFarleysRuskin Fri 14-Feb-14 17:38:02

I trust my dh, cheers.

It would be totally out of character for him to be texting anyone every day.

I get 'on the 18.20' text most days from him. I wouldn't be impressed if he was communicating more than that to someone else.

Timetoask Fri 14-Feb-14 17:40:33

"If jt's all open and above board I don't expect my dh to socially isolate himself from members of the opposite sex."

Yes, but in this scenario, the guy is texting the same woman everyday. A bit much really!

Preciousbane Fri 14-Feb-14 17:40:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Oblomov Fri 14-Feb-14 17:42:08

Few men text ANYONE every day.

TheGreatHunt Fri 14-Feb-14 17:42:52

I text my dh every day.

I text male and female friends sometimes daily sometimes not.

but I love texting! It's my fav method of communication although love a get together. Not so keen in phone chats.

ThatBloodyWoman Fri 14-Feb-14 17:43:13

Time, I still stand by what I said.

I trust my dh, and if/when I don't, it's game over.

I don't own him, and if he chooses to go off with someone else, he can and will.

hamptoncourt Fri 14-Feb-14 17:45:20

Are you the "it's just innocent" recipient of these texts OP? And starting to feel uneasy?
Either way, I would say trust your gut.

fruitandbarley Fri 14-Feb-14 17:45:52

He has got a male friend he texts everyday aswell, and he does me.
They text about allsorts he said, kids, computers, nothing inappropriate he's promised.
He has female friends he goes out with and I've never had any problem with it , nor him with me.
I dont think for one minute he'd ever have an affair, and I've explained my worries about an EA and he says that's not what's happening.
I was just a bit uncomfortable with it being everyday and trying to work out if I'm justified or feeling a bit frumpy mum in nursing bras for the last six months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now