Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Practical advice needed after ending a ea relationship

(4 Posts)
Lookingforabetteryear Thu 13-Feb-14 14:40:55

I've posted a few times before! Here goes- I was in a ea relationship which has finally ended. I also have a newborn baby with him. I'm currently living with family 400 miles away from him. I just don't really know the next steps. Am I entitled to any help from the government. I have a full time Job which I'm currently on Matt leave from. I'm looking for a new Job and hoping I can negotiate some type of payment plan with current employer to pay back Matt pay- has anyone heard of an employer agreeing to such anything similar? Anyway any general practical help needed.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 13-Feb-14 14:45:34

For any state help available to you try the benefits calculator at That will tell you about Tax Credits, Child Benefit and anything else to which you may be entitled. Is your ex paying any maintenance for your child?

Lookingforabetteryear Thu 13-Feb-14 23:50:32

Yes he says he intends to pay maintenance. Can I go to csa of it dosent come thru?

Offred Fri 14-Feb-14 00:21:52

I would go to the CSA straight away rather than waiting for him to not pay. They can only collect from when you ask them to so you'd lose all the money that he hadn't paid before you contacted them.

You could go to your local CAB for some advice re money and also local orgs that would support you with the EA.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: