Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Has anyone got married in Rhodes??

(15 Posts)
ElBombero Wed 12-Feb-14 08:52:41

I am hoping too next year, spent months looking at videos n just can't decide on venue, whether to stay local or transfer to lindos.

So any experiences would be fab ...

happystory Wed 12-Feb-14 09:05:50

You perhaps need to post this elsewhere, in chat, or weddings, or travel....

ElBombero Wed 12-Feb-14 09:26:02

Ah didn't see weddings I'll have a look

rosiesarered Wed 12-Feb-14 09:56:46

a friend of mine went to a wedding in lindos and the photos were beautiful friend said it was a lovely wedding

fruitloop84 Wed 12-Feb-14 12:11:32

I haven't but we sat and had a beer in a bar overlooking a small chapel in lindos and saw 3 weddings while we were there about half an hour. couples were literally passing each other one in one out.

carlywurly Wed 12-Feb-14 20:42:20

We have been to lindos a couple of times and watched weddings from the sea. smile It is fecking hot there in summer so avoid it if you can. I remember laughing at how sweaty everyone looked.
Gorgeous location though.

ElBombero Wed 12-Feb-14 20:52:26

Yeah think I'd go for a later ceremony, about 6/7. Remember seeing a wedding there too, looked so nice. Can't see a wedding section on here...

LozzaCro Wed 12-Feb-14 21:39:58

We are getting married in Rhodes next year smile

End of May, in Pefkos. We went to check it all out last September and look at a few venues. Completely sold on a local hotel - found that the typical wedding planners/organisers were a bit full on though.

anchovies Wed 12-Feb-14 21:43:47

My sister got married in Lindos, we stayed/had the reception in the Lindos Mare. It was beautiful but very very hot!

ElBombero Wed 12-Feb-14 22:01:17

Aw thanks, I want to stay at the holiday village, they do weddings there but don't fancy it. There are a few venues including Linda's which would mean a 50min transfer but thought it might be worth it. Would ideally like a beach but our hotel don't do it and think it would be abut strange going to another hotel for wedding... Or would it? Suppose it's only like going to a Ramada / Devers for a wedding...

Awitchwithoutchips Wed 12-Feb-14 23:00:53

Lozzacro where in pefkos? Have been there before and returning for this years holiday.

SomethingProfound Thu 13-Feb-14 00:59:09

Lindos blu in rhodes looks amazing! really good trip advisor reviews as well.

ElBombero Thu 13-Feb-14 02:08:59

Looks amazing but it's child free only hmm

SolidGoldBrass Thu 13-Feb-14 02:11:02

No, but I know an excellent wedding photographer based there.
(Dear MN, I claim Piano Tuner Privilege...)

ElBombero Thu 13-Feb-14 06:58:21

Solidgold can you PM me, ill jot him down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now