Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

About orgasms

(15 Posts)
Queeniethecorgi Tue 11-Feb-14 18:48:33

I have only ever orgasmed from 'clitoral stimulation'. How can I come just from penetration? Am I missing something? Is there a knack to it?

sykadelic Tue 11-Feb-14 18:52:22

It's more common than you'd think that lot of women can't orgasm from penetrative sex alone.

In the event it's not just a medical thing where you can't, it depends on a lot of different things... length, girth, angle of penetration etc etc.

You have to find out IF you can and then if you can what it takes and hope you have a guy that has the stamina to get you there.

Joysmum Tue 11-Feb-14 19:17:04

Yes it common to be more easily at roused from clitoral stimulation. Part of that comes from the clitoris being external and so easily locatable (whatever the jokes are about this!).

Penetration requires a bit more to it. The vagina is more sensitive on some areas of the walls than others do it takes a bit of trial and error to find the most sensitive areas and then how best to stimulate them.

Contrary to popular belief, deep and fast penetration may not be it! My best G spot is halfway up on the front wall. Others, may be different.

My advice, if it fits with your thoughts then get a realistic vibrator, have a play and get to know your own body. Once you know what you like, you can then train your partner in satisfying you too. Have fun smile

GhettoFabulous Tue 11-Feb-14 19:47:35

I honestly don't know why vaginal orgasms are seen as the holy grail of orgasms.

HerdyHerdwick Tue 11-Feb-14 19:50:09

Ghetto, one reason is because a lot of men see them as the holy grail. The mighty cock and all that.

NewtRipley Tue 11-Feb-14 20:07:14

It's only happened to me a bout 3 times in 20 odd years. Read the Hite Report. It opened my eyes to the range of what is normal. It's much more common to not orgasm from clitoral stim alone

ForalltheSaints Tue 11-Feb-14 21:52:43

A male perspective. Only one woman I have ever been with could orgasm from penetration alone. Thankfully I'm not afraid or uncomfortable with using my tongue 'down there'.

Birdsofafeather Tue 11-Feb-14 22:14:13

I've tried many positions but only one position works for me and that's me on top, no other other one works at all.

Sallyingforth Tue 11-Feb-14 22:25:54

Penetration is only a part of sex. Neither you nor your partner should think that's all you have to do - there is so much more to enjoy.

Allofaflumble Tue 11-Feb-14 23:09:44

I was always amazed how men could slam it in' thrust a few times and then ask if you came?

The tongue is mightier than the sword!

lookingfoxy Tue 11-Feb-14 23:20:58

I think penetrative sex can be satisfying if the right bits (god im such a prude) on the outside are stimulated be the mans pubic bone, so its all about the angle really.

Wuxiapian Tue 11-Feb-14 23:22:58

It's all about the angle on the dangle, I find.

FightingOverImaginaryIcecream Tue 11-Feb-14 23:28:27

My guess is it depends which of your nerve endings are where, some things will do it for some people, but not for others. We're all wired differently.

I find being on top works, but need plenty of clitoral stimulation beforehand to get to a point where it's going to happen, penetration alone would be unlikely to do it.

bragmatic Wed 12-Feb-14 06:07:39

I'm the same as you OP. I've never given it a second thought though. It's just how I am. I think these things can be overthunk a bit.

Lavenderhoney Wed 12-Feb-14 08:54:21

Friction and anglessmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now