Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What just happened...?

(22 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Tue 11-Feb-14 18:35:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsWolowitz Tue 11-Feb-14 18:36:36

purplemurple1 Tue 11-Feb-14 18:38:02

Something has happened at work or within his side of the family that for some reason he hasn't shared with you.

Amy chance you can get him to talk.

Good luck for tommorow

MrsWolowitz Tue 11-Feb-14 18:42:19

Joysmum Tue 11-Feb-14 18:44:02

Why is he arsey and stressy? If he's arsey and stressy the best thing he can do is run it off and then you've got a better chance of talking it through.

Sorry to here about your lump worries too. You obviously are going to be stressed too and need to talk. Please though, don't turn this into a competition about who is most stressed and a blame game. It's not easy when both have shit hitting the fan at the same time as we become more sensitive and can be more introvert. If course, you and your DH may not be like that at all and I can only comment that way because that's a trap me and my DH can fall into.

I hope you can both feel calmer soon. Take care.

RudyMentary Tue 11-Feb-14 18:44:12

duckandcover Tue 11-Feb-14 18:44:22

Maybe he is very frightened too but doesn't want to dump that on you? Still not nice behaviour towards you though.

ToffeeOwnsTheSausage Tue 11-Feb-14 18:44:55

Whatever has happened is no excuse. If he was mature he would tell you if there has been bad news and discuss it with you. Does he know about your appointment.

MrsWolowitz Tue 11-Feb-14 18:49:58

schroedingersdodo Tue 11-Feb-14 20:35:57

Probably the lump is nothing serious, you know that, don't you?

MrsWolowitz Wed 12-Feb-14 08:39:00

schroedingersdodo Thu 13-Feb-14 20:05:59

I know, I'm sorry if I was insensitive. Hope you're feeling better today.

SerenaBracken Thu 13-Feb-14 20:18:25

He's probably more scared than you and went for a run rather than show it.
When I'm nervous I get snappy too. He's out putting on his brave face and I daresay will be back telling you someone got on his nerves at work today.
Good luck with everything. Hope it's nothing.

SerenaBracken Thu 13-Feb-14 20:39:57

You're all calling him a knob, I must be as well.
The day before my daughter left to work in Africa in remote clinics, I made her cry because I was moaning and stressing about cooking a roast dinner, her last taste of home. She said it was though I didn't want her here.
'Cause I wasn't stressing about cooking, I was scared. I still am and have another 9 months of it. She's out of contact for a week at time having to trek to these places.
I managed to come good the next day to Heathrow and even held it together to say goodbye as we hugged.
Your DH will come good too if needed, I hope it's not needed.

Amethyst24 Thu 13-Feb-14 21:22:51

Sounds to me like something happened yesterday, he didn't want to discuss it last night because it was date day, and now you've had this worrying news and he feels he doesn't want to add to your worries. I would have let him go for a run and waited to have dinner until he got back, but never mind. Good luck, I hope it's nothing to worry about.

Offred Thu 13-Feb-14 21:30:13

I think I remember another thread of yours which absolutely shocked me and I don't think you could honestly say you are usually really happy.

Offred Thu 13-Feb-14 21:35:04

Ah no, 'twas a different poster. Apologies!

Offred Thu 13-Feb-14 21:36:43

I think you need to ask him tbh. We can't tell you why he's being an arse, only that being an arse isn't acceptable. Have you spoken to him?

littleballerina Thu 13-Feb-14 21:38:32

As others have said, he's scared. Scared for you but possibly even scared of you. He doesn't know what to do so it's easier to fight.

MrsWolowitz Fri 14-Feb-14 06:52:14

MrsWolowitz Fri 14-Feb-14 06:52:42

Joysmum Fri 14-Feb-14 10:11:37

Thanks for the update, we all have off days don't we. Hopefully he can see that however stressed you both are, the best way to deal with it is together and I hope you can be a stronger couple because he's learnt from it.

I remember when I had a lump (nothing serious as it turned out) and my DH and I really struggled. Both of us didn't want to talk about it because talking about it made it real, we might have been tempting fate etc etc. both of us were angry, sad, worried. He went introvert, i did the opposite, my energy rises and anger was my first reaction. I was angry at the situation, not at him and not as sensitive as I usually am.

Take care. I hope you can lean on each other until you get the all clear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now