Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

someone has sent dh a valentines card

(112 Posts)
LoveUall Tue 11-Feb-14 16:32:08

And it wasn't me... I'm so flippin fuming. It came in post yesterday and we been racking our brains who it may be. He thought it was me winding him up at first he's really amused by it and made a big deal of it on fb asking who it was, which I told him not to its giving whoever the attention. I'm really freaked out by it. I know by his reaction he's not got a clue who it is we've thought of a few people who may of sent it for a joke but they've denied it. They knew our full adress apart from last part of postcode and they know his full name. Maybe I'm over reacting but really annoyed by it. Card wasn't anything special was just a basic hallmark 1 and handwriting deffinately looks like a females. It was his birthday last week and and been comparing handwriting on his cards but not come up with anything.

namechange74 Tue 11-Feb-14 16:33:07

you should've said it was from you!!

Umlauf Tue 11-Feb-14 16:34:09

Can you tell from the postmark on the envelope where it came from?!

Ledkr Tue 11-Feb-14 16:34:35

Yes it would annoy me too, bloody rude to send it to a married mans house.

ToAvoidConversation Tue 11-Feb-14 16:38:18

If this was us it would be a pal having a laugh. 'Writing looks like a females' is pretty bollocks too.

Put it in the bin or have a laugh about it.

Freyalright Tue 11-Feb-14 16:39:31

It's a compliment, it's part of the commercial day.

Lweji Tue 11-Feb-14 16:42:20

An ex?

PiratesLifeForMe Tue 11-Feb-14 16:42:44

It's probably just someone being silly - if you really had a thing for a married man & were the type to want to instigate an affair, you wouldn't send a valentines card to his home surely!

DustyBaubles Tue 11-Feb-14 16:42:48

Why does it matter? No one is going to leap out of the card and ravish your husband in the kitchen. It's just a bit of fun.

Someone, male or female, either fancies your husband, or is under the illusion that you possess a sense of humour.

Utterly harmless either way.

LoveUall Tue 11-Feb-14 16:43:26

Its come from our home town so it is local. It just says thinking of you inside I am going to bin it. This has give him a huge ego boost

Andy1964 Tue 11-Feb-14 16:44:50

I certainly wouldn't be taking it seriously.
I'd be quite flattered
My DW would be "who in their right mind would want to send you....." in a (successful) attempt to wind me up.

Don't sweat it, it's a card

LoveUall Tue 11-Feb-14 16:46:30

I know your right think it is a wind up, if not someone out to cause trouble. Why I didn't want him asking who it was on fb giving them the attention. I will try and forget it and maybe in time find out who it is. Not got a problem people fancying him just a card is last thing u expect to get in your post

LoveUall Tue 11-Feb-14 16:47:44

Thanks for the mans view of it andy smile

DrNick Tue 11-Feb-14 16:55:28

i would be fucking mental if my H got one! Not just a bit of fun at all!

Mojang Tue 11-Feb-14 17:01:55

I tend to agree with DrNick. Whilst I know previous posters are correct, that would really upset me.

Whether it was a "joke" or not the sender won't be able to stand not being known for long. You will find out soon who it was from

PiratesLifeForMe Tue 11-Feb-14 17:03:39

I really don't get why you'd go mental?

Laugh it off, it doesn't matter if its not threatening your relationship?

DrNick Tue 11-Feb-14 17:04:52

I'd presume he is having an affair. It giving out the wrong signals.

MostlyMama Tue 11-Feb-14 17:06:51

DrNick you'd presume your DH was having affair if he recieved a random card on Valentines day? I feel sorry for the poor bastard and the absurd accusations he must face

EasterHoliday Tue 11-Feb-14 17:08:48

I got one in the internal post at work once. I think it was from someone in accounts, or possibly the mail room guy. Either way, I was most definitely not having an affair. WIth them or anyone else in the office. Sometimes people are just barking up the wrong tree.

Zalen Tue 11-Feb-14 17:11:11

I'd be thrilled if my husband received a valentines card from someone else, maybe they'd be willing to take him off my hands grin

member Tue 11-Feb-14 17:13:08

I would say it's been done to wind the OP up; someone who knows her for being quick to anger perhaps?

Quietattheback Tue 11-Feb-14 17:14:08

Is there anybody in your life who might want to wind you up?

AnAdventureInCakeAndWine Tue 11-Feb-14 17:14:44

So if you received an anonymous Valentine's card, DrNick, it would be OK for your DH to presume you are having an affair and "go mental"?

Quietattheback Tue 11-Feb-14 17:16:08

X-posted with member. My spidey senses are saying the card is for your 'benifit' not his.

HoobleDooble Tue 11-Feb-14 17:16:18

Somebody did this thus first year me and my ex were together, it was obviously meant to cause trouble. I had my suspicions narrowed down to 2 possibilities, both of whom drank in our local. So I wrote "Confront me or F Off!" across it, and pinned it to the notice board. Strangely enough, he never got another one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now