Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How can I stop being harrassed by a narcissist?

(4 Posts)
Popplecake Fri 07-Feb-14 20:32:08

I split up from my ex recently and since this time the lies and harrassment has been awful (we have a child together). I'm getting rubbish from everywhere about "my behaviour" based on lies from him. In truth, I have suffered from his drug abuse, harrassment, continued cheating and emotional abuse throughout the relationship.

Anyway, this guy definately doesn't love me and never did. He sees me more as an object, something he owns and can control and do what he likes with. I have got out of the relationship and tried to block him via a solicitor, as he says he is "obsessed with getting me back", but he is now getting work colleagues to send me hateful letters about "my behaviour" to continue to intimidate me.

It's been like this for a good 5 months now as I am trying to sort out safe child contact due to his drug abuse. I am completely worn out and fed up with him not getting the message that I do NOT want to be with him and I am not his possession.

He really is a clasic narcissist through and through . . and also clearly has psychological problems from the drugs. However I could really use some help with getting him to stay away from me finally . . does anyone have any help for how I can do this? I am sick of it and feel stressed about him every single day wondering what horrible thing is going to happen next.

FabULouse Fri 07-Feb-14 20:34:20

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LilyBlossom14 Fri 07-Feb-14 20:34:32

crikey - police surely? He is getting friends to write to you - that is awful. Contact centre too hopefully so you don't need to see him?

wontletmesignin Fri 07-Feb-14 21:23:36

What an awful situation to be in thanks Police. A restraining order or some sort.

I hope you get something sorted soon xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now