Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

do you have a type

(50 Posts)
jesy Fri 07-Feb-14 09:56:40

Does any one here seem to have a theme with there partners etc what I mean is going for same sort. Lol

I have been involved with four men in my life all have been involved in cars in one way or other , selling , racing , fixing ,
The funny thing is I can't even open my bonnet lol

Joysmum Fri 07-Feb-14 09:58:44

My theme is that everyone of my boyfriend was my friend first.

jesy Fri 07-Feb-14 10:02:27

Awe now that is lovely

normalishdude Fri 07-Feb-14 14:32:14

It seems I like ladies with large noses that like shoes.

desperatelyseekingsolace Fri 07-Feb-14 15:01:18

I have two very distinct types who are very different from one another: the working class hero and the tortured neurotic intellectual.

Doesn't take Freud to work out that they tend to be reactions against the last person I was in a relationship with.

Physically the only requirement is tall. Physically anything goes really. Only physical deal breaker for me would be a man shorter than me. Couldn't be attracted to a man shorter than me.

Neeliethere Fri 07-Feb-14 15:22:18

I am fatally attracted to sexy bad men with a wicked sense of humour.

Need to sort this out I think!

niceupthedance Fri 07-Feb-14 15:47:11

I like bears; dark, hairy, chunky.

But most of my partners have turned out to be blonde and blue-eyed baby faces. Odd.

PoshPaula Fri 07-Feb-14 15:50:09

normalish you'd love me.

MrsBartowski Fri 07-Feb-14 15:53:28

I like guys that are tall which is odd because I am stupidly short.

I almost always prefer them dark haired although there is the odd exception Alexander Skrasgard is MINE

I will fall for guys laugh and sense of humour above all else and I love a nice down to earth Nerd smile

strongandlong Fri 07-Feb-14 15:58:49

One of my friends once summarised my type as 'disreputable northern men'. He may have had a point blush

PottedPlant Fri 07-Feb-14 17:16:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Walkacrossthesand Fri 07-Feb-14 17:21:25

I like chunky - as in, not skinny. As tall as me is a minimum, but I confess to a weakness for tall men. not that I'm beating them off with big sticks mind you

TonyThePony Fri 07-Feb-14 17:40:37

I have never fancied a blonde man.

littleredsquirrel Fri 07-Feb-14 17:43:10

I always like pretty, blonde rugby players. Fortunately DH is a pretty, blonde rugby player so I'm fine!

Bigbrassband Fri 07-Feb-14 17:49:33

Stocky, nice eyed, intelligent oddballs.

louby44 Fri 07-Feb-14 18:04:25

I like tall (6' +) and solid men! Not fat but not dead skinny either. I also like men with nice hands, long fingers.

They also have to be intelligent. Don't mind what colour hair, eyes etc they have.

SpringtimeForHitler Fri 07-Feb-14 18:54:10

I like a nice tall, solid man. Not fat, but they need to have a bit of weight behind them wink

Usually quite dark hair and eyes, I'm going on a date later, he looks perfect from his pics grin

Tinks42 Fri 07-Feb-14 18:54:38

I also like tall solid dark hairy solid men with a twinkle in their eye, and a ready smile, London accents, no plumbs in their mouths. Nice teeth is a must. Probably what would be described as a rough diamond.

Oh and big hands! as they say... anymore than a handful is a waste!

In saying that I had a date the other day with a guy of 5ft 7 the other day and phwoar, what a sex pot! Mind you he did have all the other attributes plus a very powerful job.

yummystepford Fri 07-Feb-14 19:21:52

My oh seems to be a mix of all the good bits of all my exes. My dcs also look a fair amount like him and they aren't his!

iamonthepursuitofhappiness Fri 07-Feb-14 23:10:58

My type was binge drinking/alcoholic arseholes until I took a reality check at the end of last year.

I went away and thought 'if I meet someone they need to be X, Y and Z' and low and behold I met someone just like that and things are going brilliantly, early days mind...

MadeMan Sat 08-Feb-14 01:47:27

I often find myself attracted to short, curvy, bubbly women with curly hair (a dirty laugh is a bonus), although none of my previous girlfriends have fit this description. All of my girlfriends so far have been of a similar height to myself, slim to average build and with straightish hair.

redrubyindigo Sat 08-Feb-14 02:05:08

Beautiful hands and a confident driver. Shirt sleeves rolled up to the forearm and a slightly loose tie. A pale blue checked shirt underneath a navy blue round necked sweater, chinos and deck shoes.

Aquiline nose with tortoiseshell glasses that he handles naturally and NOT as a fashionable prop. Knows how to open a book and looks great with an easy laugh and a pint in his hand in a pub garden surrounded by friends he is comfortable with. Puts his hand on the small of my back whilst opening the car door for me.

DioneTheDiabolist Sat 08-Feb-14 02:34:09

I must. When I first showed DSis a photo of my boyfriend, she said: "I didn't need a photo. I could draw your boyfriends".

Apparently I like them big and hairy.blush

beachestoexplore Sat 08-Feb-14 03:03:29

Eyelashes and forearms for me, an easy smile is also essential but other details are less important. grin

HairyGrotter Sat 08-Feb-14 08:54:37

Bearded, long haired musicians have long been my type. Any man with scruffy facial hair and a thick mane will turn my head, my ideal man is Simon Neil from Biffy Clyro, my fiancé has scruffy hair and a beard, although he's not a musician but loves music, so close enough wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now