Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

verbal abuse.....

(4 Posts)
miku Thu 06-Feb-14 14:36:31

what do I do with ex who consistently calls me names, puts me down, says he doesn't want DD to be same ignoramus as me, etc?

I have withdrawn contact, and then finally put up some boundaries, but last week ( after 6 months) allowed my DD to stay over, and by the second day, she was in tears again. He was belittling her studying, saying her level is that of 3 years younger than she is.
Ive totally had enough.

Do I stop contact again??

Rightallalong Thu 06-Feb-14 15:23:10

If it was my child, I would be totally stopping those stay overs.

Can you arrange contact in a place where he's not going to be able to belittle her?

CailinDana Thu 06-Feb-14 15:53:39

Yes of course. Why let her be abused?

miku Thu 06-Feb-14 16:20:15

you know what, its that I wasn't sure if it WAS abuse....Ive put up with it cos im not great with my temper either, and it just escalates.( Its usually by phone or text lately- I don't want to talk to him where possible!)
But this last time........he says he doesn't say stuff to her, but she says he does. Actually I have just told him that she cant stay over tonight.And Ive told him if he cant have some respect then that's it until he can control himself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now