Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

At last, its over!

(14 Posts)
catkin14 Wed 05-Feb-14 19:00:34

After nearly a year of hell battling to get finances agreed, I am at last divorced and finances settled.
The feeling of relief is intense, in fact I feel a couple of inches taller due to the weight being lifted off my shoulders!

Thanks to all on here that helped me along the way, it was all appreciated.

My promise to myself is that I am never getting married again, I will never go through all that again.
And at 50 I really cant see the point of marriage, at least for me with grownup DC's.
But for now life can move on and thats enough.

To all of you at the beginning of this journey, good luck, you can do it, stay strong and true to what you feel to be right. Its tough I know but life is too short to live a lie.

Amicus1966 Wed 05-Feb-14 19:02:39

Well done for coming through.
You need to celebrate.
I am just starting my divorce hell so hope to be in your position soon.

shootfromthehip Wed 05-Feb-14 19:08:13

Another one just starting the journey so it's lovely to hear that it's all finally over for you. I wish you all the best on the next bit of your life (and totally concur re the never getting married again sentiment... unless he's really good looking wink)

Amicus1966 Wed 05-Feb-14 19:12:00

I said I'd never get married again and I did.
Am now on my second divorcesad

Pippinlongsocks Wed 05-Feb-14 19:24:36

Congrats Catkin14.... I share your joy at the same age too having made the same big decision to escape living a lie. The feeling of freedom/liberation only gets better I have to say. Well done for remaining strong. You've got lots to look forward to now!

Wishyouwould Wed 05-Feb-14 19:25:05

Well done catkin I've namechanged but I remember your posts well.

I'm on a very rocky and emotionally draining journey but I know I'll get to the end one day soon smile

yellowismyfave Wed 05-Feb-14 19:29:14

Well done and congrats! Enjoy your new life smile

akawisey Wed 05-Feb-14 20:43:25

It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?

myroomisatip Wed 05-Feb-14 20:55:11

smile Well done!

You can have the bed all to yourself, breakfast in bed if you want, watch whatever you like on the t.v. cry your eyes out at sad films without being criticised, eat as much chocolate as you want, ah the list is endless....

sus14 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:56:42

Congrats from me too and thanks for posting- 2 1/2 weeks out of a bad relationship it's good to know its going to be onwards and upwards :-)

maparole Wed 05-Feb-14 21:01:41

wine grin

KouignAmann Wed 05-Feb-14 21:03:01

Congratulations! I'm a month ahead of you and just as happy to move on. Enjoy the moment!

catkin14 Wed 05-Feb-14 22:28:08

Thank you all.
I love the freedom, at first I wondered how I would ever get used to it, questioned what I had done for many months and the guilt was incredible.
But I did get through it.
And Im never going to do that again.
On friday I get keys to my house that I have bought for my DS and me, and we will be happy!
And as emotions werent allowed in the last life, happy is what we will be!

feelingvunerable Wed 05-Feb-14 22:56:41

Good luck catkin thanks for posting as I too am on that road.
So glad to hear it was the right decision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now