Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Skype - can anyone explain this please?

(18 Posts)
Amethyst35 Tue 04-Feb-14 20:56:07

OK, husband is abroad with work and texted me asking to Skype. So I went into his Skype on our iPad and saw under recent calls, "sexi(name), tasty(name), and (female name I've never heard him mention). Plus his dad.

My question is, is it possible that they could be spam, or are they definitely calls he has had? I want to make sure my bullshit detector is set to high. Sadly he has form for sexting and indeed for shagging a random he met on the internet. Please, I don't need any judgement for still being with him, am judging myself plenty enough.

EirikurNoromaour Tue 04-Feb-14 20:57:33

Under recent calls? I'm afraid he's spoken to them.

Clargo55 Tue 04-Feb-14 20:57:48

I don't think it's spam sad they are in his recent call list.

Fairylea Tue 04-Feb-14 20:59:02

Dd uses Skype to call her dad. I am pretty confident you'd have to deliberately add people (sorry). So I think the chances of them being spam is small. However, the fact he asked you to Skype him seems weird if he has something he wants to hide in there.... at a very long shot could they be some sort of weird in - joke names for male friends of his or something like that? I'd be inclined to leave Skype on for a bit and see if they start talking to you. ....

StoorieHoose Tue 04-Feb-14 21:01:25

Depending on his settings he may have been called by these randoms. You can set your preferences to allow anyone to call you or only contacts, can you see if they were incoming calls and how long they lasted for?

Amethyst35 Tue 04-Feb-14 21:13:37

Just clicked on each name and it says for each one "(name) wants to connect with you". So I guess he's innocent? Can't see when the calls, or attempts to call were made though.

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Tue 04-Feb-14 21:19:50

i've had random names like that appear on my Skype too, mine were spam.

coffeeinbed Tue 04-Feb-14 21:21:44

Spam.
I get those.

Amethyst35 Tue 04-Feb-14 21:24:03

OK, thanks everyone.

LondonNicki Tue 04-Feb-14 21:35:15

I get those, spam...they appear in the 'history' section. Doesn't mean the was a call unless you see a reference to 'call lasted 10 minutes' or something like that.

tribpot Tue 04-Feb-14 21:41:39

I think if you are looking in 'History' you can see history of contact requests - the ones I get are from US Generals, who are all apparently wanting to Skype for friendship with females around the world! I totally believe that these people are all US Generals. NOT.

So if it says '<sexy> New Contact Request' that's spam. If it says '<sexy> Call [x] minutes [y] seconds' that means a call took place.

tribpot Tue 04-Feb-14 21:42:32

Doh .. or in other words, what LondonNicki had already said smile

YellowTulips Tue 04-Feb-14 21:45:37

You have to accept a contact on Skype. As you have described it's just spam.

I use Skype a lot and get a few of these a week. I just "block" them when they land but if I am away for a whole they can build up in "recents" but the ones I have "accepted" are only in "contacts".

I get some real corkers...my real name isn't that gender specific so I get quite a few "sexiyoungthing18 - wants to talk to you
or "girl21 looking for no frills good time" - and such like, very much how you described.

Don't think he's at fault here.

Amethyst35 Tue 04-Feb-14 21:47:55

Tori pot, doh indeed! Am feeling rather foolish now. Although I wouldn't have jumped to conclusions if he didn't have form for this sort of thing. Still think I need to re-evaluate if I want to stay in this marriage........arse.

Amethyst35 Tue 04-Feb-14 21:48:38

Sorry that should be tribpot! Bloody autocorrect.

YellowTulips Tue 04-Feb-14 21:55:08

I guess that's the old trust question OP isn't it....thanks

tribpot Tue 04-Feb-14 23:59:41

LOL at Tori pot. I've had tricot and tripod recently as well - bloody auto-correct grin

sykadelic15 Wed 05-Feb-14 01:48:35

I got a few requests from those... couldn't change my security settings quick enough!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now