Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sex, single woman and the doctor

(10 Posts)
Lovingfreedom Tue 04-Feb-14 10:07:36

Just sharing this cos it made me laugh....doctors appointment. I says I'd had bleeding after sex. He says are you on contraception. I say no. He says are you TTC? I say no, I'm not currently in a sexual relationship. He says 'I thought you were getting bleeding after intercourse' I say 'yes, but it's taken me weeks to get this appointment'

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 04-Feb-14 10:49:17

The NHS... the envy of the world... hmm

Ladyflower Tue 04-Feb-14 12:05:40

Actually, I think it probably is the envy of the world. Believe you me, healthcare elsewhere is pretty hit and miss (DOI healthcare worker with a lot of experience of working abroad....)

ROARmeow Tue 04-Feb-14 13:18:52

Come to our Doctor, almost unheard of to have to wait longer than a week for an appt.

smile

ItsSoooFluffy Tue 04-Feb-14 13:45:04

That's terrible, you don't have to wait more than 24 hours to be seen at my drs and there are often same day appointments available hmm

kreecherlivespstairs Tue 04-Feb-14 14:28:48

[puzzled] it isn't funny nor true.

claraschu Tue 04-Feb-14 14:34:18

We can always get an appointment within a day for anything urgent.

ALittleStranger Tue 04-Feb-14 14:42:21

I had to read it several times and I still felt like I was in a bad nightclub circa 1973.

Anyway, my NHS GP always offers same day appointments.

Trapper Tue 04-Feb-14 15:31:54

Mine is normally about a week if I am not fussy about times (ie I accept a middle of the day appointment meaning there is no chance to go to work for half the day). Emergency appointments are available same day, subject to triage by a nurse over the phone to assess how urgent it sounds.

Lovingfreedom Tue 04-Feb-14 18:20:29

It is true and I found it funny. Maybe you had to be there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now