Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

New bf keeps tapping me for cash.

(99 Posts)
freeandhappy Mon 03-Feb-14 19:09:49

He's got a good job but def has less expendable cash than me. He started by taking me out for dinner, inviting me to his place and having nice wine in etc and has progressed to sitting on his hands in pub when it's his round and asking me to bring wine and fags as he is a bit broke. I see him once a week with very little contact in between. Now he has started asking for cash. 100 last week 50 this week. When he texted me this sat asking me to bring wine and 50 quid in cash I said I wasn't going it was making me feel used. He got v shirty (by text) wouldn't answer phone when I rang, and has basically binned me???! Turns out he needed the 50quid as he promise to take his interns out on a day trip on Sunday? Wha?! And I ruined it and he had to cancel. Btw he has never taken me on a day trip. I am disappointed as he seemed lovely and smart and I liked him. But that's just taking the piss isn't it?

SecretNutellaFix Mon 03-Feb-14 19:11:01

He's using you.
Dump and run.

nkf Mon 03-Feb-14 19:11:34

It is indeed taking the piss.

PleaseNoScar Mon 03-Feb-14 19:11:43

Yes it is. You've swerved at bad 'un

SecretRed Mon 03-Feb-14 19:11:58

Yep, tell him to piss off.

JonSnowKnowsNothing Mon 03-Feb-14 19:12:08

He sounds AWFUL! I'd be glad you're not too much out of pocket!

antimatter Mon 03-Feb-14 19:12:50

of course he is!
how much does he owe you?

ajandjjmum Mon 03-Feb-14 19:13:32

Should be an ex-bf then.

Sorry you've met a stinker! smile

SuburbanSpaceperson Mon 03-Feb-14 19:13:48

Lucky escape on your part I'd say. He blaming you for the disappointment of people you have never met because of a promise that you didn't know he'd made instead of apologising for wanting to take your money. That relationship was only going to get much worse.

ToomuchIsBackOnBootcamp Mon 03-Feb-14 19:14:31

Urrgh. Dump.

PoppadomPreach Mon 03-Feb-14 19:15:26

all of the above

Completely ignore him from now on. Nothing good will come of this otherwise.

KingRollo Mon 03-Feb-14 19:18:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KingRollo Mon 03-Feb-14 19:18:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chateauferret Mon 03-Feb-14 19:19:58

Attempted cocklodger. LTB.

WhoNickedMyName Mon 03-Feb-14 19:22:50

Hey - you learned a fantastic lesson, and it only cost you 150.

Some women shell out thousands before the penny drops. How lucky are you!?

Anniegetyourgun Mon 03-Feb-14 19:23:26

That was not a boyfriend, dear, that was a parasite.

gamerchick Mon 03-Feb-14 19:23:29

christ..it's pretty obvious he's using you.
Been there, done that. dump from a great height and thank your lucky stars you were not so taken in to get into debt for the twat.

I like the word cocklodger, it's very apt.

ChokerPips Mon 03-Feb-14 19:27:51

When I was younger and -I thought - madly in love, I let a complete and utter waste of skin wheedle three hundred pounds out of me. When I asked for it back he then started to verbally abuse me so that I would dump him, and then he would never have to repay it. Of course, he was so cruel to me his plan worked. I heard later he lost his flat and moved into a homeless shelter. Can't say I sympathised.

mozarela Mon 03-Feb-14 19:41:26

Been there done that as well some 10 years ago. Mine was threatening to walk home from one major usa city to another on a highway as no money to get home. I gave him the mobey then (fool me. then. Now i'd say go on, hit the road! grin).

SuburbanSpaceperson Mon 03-Feb-14 19:46:21

I would be tempted to text something like "Oh, am I dumped then? That's a shame as I won a weekend away in <gorgeous hotel> and was going to surprise you with it. Never mind I'll take a friend instead." Then decline all his phonecalls.

Seriously though, how is it possible that a grown man with a decent job and no dependants can't access £50 at short notice? I bet he has plenty of savings but would rather sponge off other people.

BrunoBrookesDinedAlone Mon 03-Feb-14 19:47:50

Parasite

Cocklodger

and... hopefully...

EX!!!

Only1scoop Mon 03-Feb-14 19:49:20

Ugh what a turn offconfused
Get rid

overmydeadbody Mon 03-Feb-14 19:50:52

He is now your ex bf, right!

Look on the bright side, you only lost £150 and found out pretty quickly what his true colours are.

ImperialBlether Mon 03-Feb-14 19:51:24

Yes, this would definitely be the time to let slip that you've had a little win...

Anniegetyourgun Mon 03-Feb-14 19:51:29

It does take a certain style, though, doesn't it, to borrow money off one woman in order to take out another? (Don't believe the group of interns story for one moment, do you?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now