Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Popped my internet cherry last night!

(83 Posts)
CornishandPasty Sat 01-Feb-14 16:49:04

On a dating site IM thing. It was really rather fun! He was very articulate and wrote ever so well (sexy but not smutty)....and did most of the typing smile as he knew I'd never done it before.

He gave me his phone number because he wanted to chat on the phone and swap photos (I didn't feel comfortable with that and obviously didn't give him my number). However afterwards blush he said he'd like to meet up in RL and for me to text him if I felt the same. It was a really sexy experience but I'm really in two minds for meeting up .....although his photo is quite nice. I'm single.

Shallishanti Sat 01-Feb-14 16:50:21

are you mad???

LineRunner Sat 01-Feb-14 16:51:12

So you had a wank?

CornishandPasty Sat 01-Feb-14 16:51:55

I think i might be....silly idea right?

WorraLiberty Sat 01-Feb-14 16:52:17

I'd slow it right down if I were you.

It sounds far too early for him to even suggest phone chats and meeting.

I've never internet dated but I do know that some people use it to shag a different person every week.

And the fact that you are new to it rather than 'hardened', might have made him all the more keen.

Just take it easy and get to know each other smile

KellyHopter Sat 01-Feb-14 16:52:21

Rofl @ So you and a wank?

grin

myalias Sat 01-Feb-14 16:52:30

hmm

MargotLovedTom Sat 01-Feb-14 16:53:40

Is that the norm,with Internet dating? To do the sex messages before meeting up in real life? I dunno, it all sounds a bit weird to me, and I'm pretty certain if you met up with him and started dating, the he would still be doing that messaging stuff with other women.

You've see his photo but he hasn't seen yours? (You said you didn't want to swap photos).

WorraLiberty Sat 01-Feb-14 16:54:43

And to be fair, you don't even know who the person in the photo really is.

It might not be him.

CornishandPasty Sat 01-Feb-14 16:55:05

No his photo on his site profile. You are right it is weird. I'm not going to meet him. Silly idea. Just needed to check.

KellyHopter Sat 01-Feb-14 16:55:26

And sorry, don't get all the hand-wringing at thought of going on a date with someone from a dating site.

Do or don't. Doesn't matter, but normal, surely, that he suggested it?

More normal than the co-wank anyway.

KellyHopter Sat 01-Feb-14 16:57:06

And Rolfing again at 'he did most of the typing'

Phwoar...you lucky cow grin

KouignAmann Sat 01-Feb-14 16:57:45

My internet dating was nothing like as saucy as your experience OP. What did you say you were looking for?
I chatted to a few men, met two and stick with the second. But both the ones I met were quite reticent online and there wasn't any sexy talk until we met up. Sounds dodgy to me.

MargotLovedTom Sat 01-Feb-14 16:58:02

Maybe keep him as a virtual fuck buddy if he was that good? wink.

CornishandPasty Sat 01-Feb-14 16:58:06

No I've been on normal dates....no hand wringing from me! Just not sure if this is the right starting point. I'd be pretty red faced if we met in RL.

Preciousbane Sat 01-Feb-14 16:58:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CornishandPasty Sat 01-Feb-14 17:02:53

I know massive long chunks of text, all perfectly spelt and articulate, fantastic! I managed to write back a few one word answers. Kelly I do consider it a very lucky find smile Margot....I was thinking exactly the same thing......could be useful!

louby44 Sat 01-Feb-14 17:07:25

I've done online dating in the past (met my exP via OD) we started chatting on the Sat, met up on the Monday. Hit it off and I saw him on the Thursday and then the Saturday. It was a bit fast but we both wanted it. It lasted 5 1/2 yrs and most of them were good.

I'd much rather meet up sooner than later, if I did OD again I would be the same, meet up quickly to see if there's anything there!

CornishandPasty Sat 01-Feb-14 17:08:02

Kouign.....went on last night about 4 in the morning, during a bout of insomnia. Only went on to check emails and up he popped (so to speak!)on the IM! I wasn't horny when I went on - honest! We just started chatting about normal stuff, he was watching the cricket! Then the conversation kind of took a curve ball. Weird really, but pretty sexy.

mammadiggingdeep Sat 01-Feb-14 17:10:19

Hahahaha!!!!!! "He did all the typing"

Only on MN!

grin

PPaka Sat 01-Feb-14 17:10:37

What are you talking about?

Quinteszilla Sat 01-Feb-14 17:11:43

I would guess he had a scrip he reeled off to you...

EirikurNoromaour Sat 01-Feb-14 17:12:02

Ime fantasy/text sex etc is a serious case of over promise/under deliver if you then try to make it happen Irl. On the other hand, sexting can be fun.

Quinteszilla Sat 01-Feb-14 17:12:17

As in a copy and paste job...

mammadiggingdeep Sat 01-Feb-14 17:12:30

Hahahaha!!!!!! "He did all the typing"

Only on MN!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now