Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need perspective from Mumsnetters

(55 Posts)
Peterpurvis Sun 08-Sep-13 08:36:52


I have been on mumsnet for years but very rarely post, however I would really appreciate some perspective as I am unhappy but unsure if it's just me over thinking and generally a bit hardwork....

Basically, I find my H hard to live with - he's quite up and down emotionally and also gets annoyed with me over the smallest things. The tone and delivery of what he says upsets me and doesn't fill me with a comfortable feeling.
He also does things that I find a bit odd and it irritates me. I wonder whether other women would feel the way I do.

He gets annoyed when I say I'm going out with a friend (he says he's not annoyed but it's the tone and delivery eg I'm going to stay with a friend one night this week - getting the train straight from work and then back in the morning to work (prob an hour each way). I told him and he said 'What you doing that for? Will you be able to get to work on time?'. I responded because I want to see my friend and yes of course I can get to work on time (my point is why asking me stupid qs like why am I visiting a friend and also about getting to work on time - how old does he think I am!))

This seems quite minor compared to other threads on here but I feel claustrophobic and like I can't think clearly as I am always wondering what he will say next. We have 2 Dc's - 4 & 6.

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 12-Sep-13 09:19:51


Do not under any circumstances do joint counselling. It is never recommended where there is abuse within a relationship Counselling if it is considered should be for you only; you need to talk in a safe and controlled environment.

Did your children hear him shout at you as well?. It is not beyond the realms of possibility.

I would be talking to Womens Aid in your particular circumstances.

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 12-Sep-13 09:21:06

Seek legal advice asap; some Solicitors do a free 30 minute consultation.
There is help out there, you just have to take the first, often the most hardest of steps, to access it.

Peterpurvis Thu 12-Sep-13 09:29:10

<gulp> didn't expect that response...

Bumpstarter Thu 12-Sep-13 22:29:36

Read this

It will help you see what problems you have in your relationship, and give you some pointers on how to break,up safely.

Bumpstarter Sat 14-Sep-13 00:37:01

Hope you are ok, Peter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now