Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Housing advice splitting up with BF

(5 Posts)
JsOtherHalf Wed 11-Sep-13 20:07:05

How are things now GOR?

GreatOdinsRaven Sat 07-Sep-13 16:02:03

Thankyou. I'll check them out!

JsOtherHalf Sat 07-Sep-13 13:53:58

BeCool Sat 07-Sep-13 13:44:33

Sorry you are going through this. I didn't want to read and run.
For a start you can check out the Turn2Us benefits calculator to see what you will be entitled to.

GreatOdinsRaven Sat 07-Sep-13 11:31:01

I need to split up with BF, We have one daughter together and live in a house where the mortgage is in his name. DD is a baby and I am pregnant. I don't work.
I want to get out of the house and live alone with DD and want to know what the first step is, where do I go?
I don't claim any benefits except a pittance on tax credits and child benefit. The tax credits are worked out on BF's income so I need to know what I'm entitled to.
I am a professional so can work but not whilst pregnant looking after a baby and not until my new baby is at least a year. (unless desperate, which I suppose I am...)

Sorry for the rant but I'm furiously typing!
Who do I contact, how do I get housed, what benefits can I claim and what happens until all this is in place?
I'm not in a threatening situation and BF is agreeable to the split but I would like to get out ASAP as I can't bear to be around him, Thanks...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now