Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Finding Someone?

(6 Posts)
Roma2013 Sat 27-Jul-13 03:58:27

I am trying to track down an old school friend but am a bit hopeless at how to go about it. I know where they lived until 2011 cos I saw it on the electoral roll but then nothing. Does this mean they've passed away or emigrated do you think? Is there any other free way of finding where they might now be?

Charlesroi Sat 27-Jul-13 06:58:10

If you've got an idea which town they may be in try the online BT phone book.
Have a look on Facebook & Friends Reunited & Linkedin.
I managed to find and old friend on the other side of the world just by googling his name and hobby, so it can be done. Good luck.

HollyBerryBush Sat 27-Jul-13 07:44:36

192.com and search all the electoral rolls in the UK
unless they are female of course and changed their name upon marriage.

Do you still have their parents address? send a postcard to that saying you want to get in touch.

Roma2013 Sat 27-Jul-13 07:53:22

Thanks for the reply, have tried all those except the BT one. Also Twitter. 192 lists him being on electoral roll until 2011 and then nothing. His wife was also there but then she moved to Manchester and he's not listed at that address. I m a bit reluctant to contact her out of the blue as I don't know her and what if he's died recently? His name only came up the once on Google and that was the 192 (-2011 electoral roll). I don't know his hobbies these days really. It was a long time ago since we were schoolfriends

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 27-Jul-13 08:23:32

I'd contact his wife. She's really your only concrete lead and I don't think ideas that he might have died or split up should put you off.

Roma2013 Sat 27-Jul-13 12:10:56

That is probably the best route though if he has passed away, hope it isn t too recent hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now