Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

why is it the men you like rarely like us back

(8 Posts)
oopsadaisymaisy Sat 20-Jul-13 16:07:44

Mine and a few friends experience. Online attempting dating! I'm ok with the ones I'm not too bothered about but the guys I like don't go anywhere. It's starting to pee me oaf! I just want to meet someone I really like, is that realistic?

JambalayaCodfishPie Sat 20-Jul-13 16:14:32

Do you act differently with the ones you actually like? More intense maybe?

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 20-Jul-13 16:19:04

It's called 'Sods Law'. You can't fight it, just date plenty of people so that you beat the odds.

oopsadaisymaisy Sat 20-Jul-13 16:38:42

Nope, no different at all. I think I agree with the sods law bit but I find if I like someone I back of a bit with the ones I'm not so bothered about. I want to really like the person I'm going to be with. I'm not happy to settle for Mr average who doesn't really do it for me. The problem is that its so rare that I really do like someone. I'm fed up!

MadeMan Sat 20-Jul-13 17:39:11

If it's any consolation this happens to men as well, so it must happen to everyone at some point. Brain says to Heart, "On paper she's perfect!" Heart replies, "But there's no spark, no chemistry you fool!"

On another note, I'm interested to know what this "Mr Average" bloke is like oopsadaisy? I hear so many women talking about not wanting to settle for Mr Average, but they never seem to go into any detail, which makes Mr Average sound slightly vague and mysterious. I thought all women liked a bit of mystery and so this Mr Average should be a real catch. hmm

Suelford Sat 20-Jul-13 22:35:42

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." grin

susiedaisy Sat 20-Jul-13 22:43:17

Same here, men I like and give my best smile to usually look straight through me and the ones that do smile at me are mostly weirdos or old enough to be my fatherconfused

oopsadaisymaisy Sun 21-Jul-13 11:38:44

Mr average is different for everyone. I just mean I want someone that wows me. I want to really fancy that person and not just think he's ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now