Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Where do I stand?

(8 Posts)
mummytime Sun 07-Jul-13 21:39:46

Don't wait until morning phone 101 and tell them what you said in the OP.
They will log it.

Then if a 999 comes from your house later they will have already flagged it. If it is a quiet night they may even drive through the area at pub closing just in case.

bluedoor99 Sun 07-Jul-13 21:35:33

Thank you for your answers.
Doors locked, phone charged.
We are in the former family home but have no orders on him.
Will phone a solicitor in the morning to start the ball rolling.

SolidGoldBrass Sun 07-Jul-13 21:24:56

Yes, double-lock the doors and if he turns up being aggressive call the police.

Are you living in the former family home or do you have a new home with DC? If it's the latter he has no right of access to your home whatsoever.If he still has his name on the mortgage you need to get an occupation order to keep him out, which will not be difficult. Best of luck.

tallwivglasses Sun 07-Jul-13 21:22:53

Aha! Didn't refresh smile

tallwivglasses Sun 07-Jul-13 21:22:27

You've not had any answers so I'll give it a go - double-lock the doors. If he starts hammering on the door and shouting, call the police. If he is shouting or phoning and being aggressive you can honestly tell the police you're scared for the safety of your children (and you). Stay firm. You split up months ago - what makes him think he has the right to stroll back in. This is YOUR family home now. In the morning get a solicitor's appointment. Good luck, stay strong x

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 07-Jul-13 21:18:28

You tell him that he's not welcome and that he needs to stay away and find somewhere else to live. You can't legally bar him from the home if you jointly own it (I'm guessing you own it) but you can put big pressure on him not to return rather than give in. Then I'd strongly suggest you talk to a solicitor as soon as possible, get the divorce going and make the arrangement permanent.

ImperialBlether Sun 07-Jul-13 21:18:23

You're in a different house now, are you? One that he doesn't have keys for?

If he's basically a decent bloke I would send back a text saying, "Please don't ask to come here as that is impossible. You should go back to your parents."

If he isn't a decent man I wouldn't reply at all and would keep the doors locked.

bluedoor99 Sun 07-Jul-13 20:39:17

The family and I left the h a few months back, then h moved out family house and went to parents. I definitely want divorce. He has sent text me saying he has left his parents and has no where to go and is in pub. I do not want him back . What happens if he just walks in saying he is living here now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now