Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How long do u wait?

(3 Posts)
golfpro60 Sat 29-Jun-13 19:25:55

Hi just wondering how long do u wait 'till things get better?' how long do u wait to 'see if things change?' only been married 2 and a half years but things are pretty crap, got a nearly 2 year old too. We just dont get along as arguing all the time. So many issues. All seems so complicated when really it should just be so simple and we should be enjoying our very fortunate lives. Can't take this much longer and don't think he can either. Just want to walk away and start again, starting to feel like a big mistake :-(

pompeii Sat 29-Jun-13 19:27:19

I don't think its a case of waiting, you need to pro actively address the issues between you.

Rulesgirl Sat 29-Jun-13 19:45:27

You maybe need to learn how to communicate rather than be constantly arguing.Things don't just get better, you have to make them better. Living with someone day in day out no matter how much you love and fancy them, is hard work and you have to make a real real effort to behave with them the same way you would with any other friend. Treat each other with respect. You cant change him, only he can do that, but you could get some really good relationship books and do some studying and you can start changing the way you relate to him. And then you will find that as you start talking to him differently, he will start talking to you differently too. Relationships are hard in the early years after the initial flush and its something that needs continual work and adaptation to keep it strong. Im thirty years with my oh and it has been an amazing ride. Good times and the worst times, but overcame a lot through good communication and learning to understand men more. I think its important to also learn that we are different and see things differently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now