Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

when he doesnt listen.....

(7 Posts)
Chocomama1 Thu 27-Jun-13 10:24:40

Ive told my dp to stop speaking to me so badly all the time and being rude. He is under alot of pressure but he takes it out on me all the time. Ive told him numerous times to stop but he hasnt. What can i do to stop him? I feel like he sucks all the joy out of life. Ive told him this...
im 9 months pregnant and we already have a 2 yr old.

EhricLovesTeamQhuay Thu 27-Jun-13 10:25:47

What was the resolution to the emailing prostitutes issue?
Tbh it doesn't sound like he respects you much. There is nothing you can do to make someone respect you, sadly.

Chocomama1 Thu 27-Jun-13 10:26:00

Even my MIL was round on Sunday and she told me she was getting a bit angry inside at the way he was speaking to me.

Chocomama1 Thu 27-Jun-13 10:26:50

He was actually on train home so i have left it

EhricLovesTeamQhuay Thu 27-Jun-13 10:35:36

But he still looked didn't he sad
I understand you are vulnerable and pregnant but I would really be thinking about an exit plan if I were you.

HotDAMNlifeisgood Thu 27-Jun-13 10:40:51

What can i do to stop him?

Nothing: only he can choose his own actions.
You've told him how it affects you, and he still does it. Therefore, he doesn't want to stop. He chooses to behave this way.

You say he sucks all the joy out of your life. So: what are you getting out of this relationship? Does the good outweigh the bad? Because the bad is not budging, so the question is: are you willing to tolerate it? That's the biggie that you really have to accept.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 27-Jun-13 15:53:39

If he does it again.
Walk out of the house and go to a friend or family member and stay there until he comes crawling back with the realisation of what he's done.
If what other posters have put is correct then I don't believe he has any respect for you or women in general.
Like PP said - I'd start making an exit plan.
He should be looking after you and pandering to your every whim at 9 month PG - not tormenting you and making you feel bad.
He's sounds truly vile!
Sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now