Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DP has just gone home after a week and I miss him (LDR)

(3 Posts)
YoniBottsBumgina Sun 23-Jun-13 16:22:16

Just more of a lighthearted mopey thread than anything serious.

DP lives in Germany and left this morning after a surprise week-long visit (it was my birthday) which was brilliant grin we did all the normal family type things, I went to work, he made me dinner when I got home, took turns putting DS to bed, we had baths together with wine, bought each other little surprises, took DS for his first cinema visit, talked about important things, watched terrible documentaries and had some great sex grin

He will be on the plane now sad I don't usually feel this mopey when he leaves. I think it's because this is the home stretch now, because most likely the next time we see each other in person will be when DS and I move over there, but also because this week has been so unexpected and simple and nice. It's been a year long distance and I just want to be there now! I wish I could fast forward the next 2 months with all of the boring, stressful packing and sorting moving stuff and saying goodbye to everyone here etc.

whitesugar Sun 23-Jun-13 19:50:25

Poor you! Try not to worry the next 8 weeks will fly in. Try to turn sadness into excitement about seeing him again. Enjoy the packing and throw out all the crap you don't need. You sound very happy & that's refreshing to hear. Your week sounds amazing, I am well jel. Emails, texts and phone calls will help. Day one is always hard, you will feel better tomorrow.

YoniBottsBumgina Sun 23-Jun-13 23:35:12

Thanks whitesugar smile I felt better once he came online and we had a good natter! I have to be up for work tomorrow now but don't want to go to bed. Oh well, at least I never got used to sleeping with him there so I'll hopefully get a peaceful night's sleep! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now