Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ready to date

(6 Posts)
LSAR Mon 10-Jun-13 18:52:12

Well a year ago men was the last thing on my mind. Now after a new bargain wardrobe, yoga, Zumba and trying to think positive a man would go nicely on my arm. Only trouble is the ones I want to fall at my feet aren't and the other ones are too friendly and not my type.. I do tend to look away when a nice guy looks at me because I do not remember how to flirt or to make conversation. Most of all I don't go anywhere other than places for kids or where i earn money and my mums says I will have the kids so go out. Would you say I have confidence issues?, I don't go anywhere?, men do not notice unless you run after them down the road?. What worked for you ?

brokenhearted55 Mon 10-Jun-13 20:57:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wombatsliketoast Mon 10-Jun-13 21:13:24

SPICE - google it.

Joy5 Mon 10-Jun-13 21:47:00

LSAR if you ever figure it out, can u let me know pl, been divorced for six months, think its time i started to date again, but like you don't know how!

Really don't want to go down the on line dating route, lack of confidence for one thing, know a few friends who've dated lots of bad guys and finally found a good one, but don't think i could cope with that. Had enough rejection to last a life time.

OhWesternWind Mon 10-Jun-13 22:01:19

Come over to the dating thread, lovely and friendly and very good advice.

LSAR Wed 12-Jun-13 15:24:04

Thank you for your advice. I do like the excitement of meeting someone in person and them asking for my number. Well this dating thread advice might do me some good so I will try. Joy5 if I do find the secret to successful dating I will update you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now