Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Support ds and face ex awkward night?

(9 Posts)
mamas12 Sat 01-Jun-13 17:52:10

Ds has been given a lift by ex to his gig. Dd has gone with them after saying she would come with me later so dilemma is should I now go? It's a gig for teens ill look. Like a lonely old desperate saddo with no friends and feel like a gate crasher ! GPS it's hard contending with an arse of an ex trying to exclude me and grunting teens!

mamas12 Sat 01-Jun-13 17:54:01

Don't know what GPS means! Another thing it's an hour car ride to her there

Doha Sat 01-Jun-13 18:01:14

Do you want to go?

If you don't why not do something nicw for yourself and let you ex deal with the stroppy teenagers.

If you do want to go--bite the bullet and go, don't let your ex squeeze you out. Plaster a smile on yourself, be charming and have a good time. Then you can stick pins in a voodoo doll of your ex later

mamas12 Sat 01-Jun-13 18:07:11

Ha Doha what a good idea re voodoo doll. Actually writing it out I think I don't want to go bit I ought to go iykwim sigh seem to let one or the other of my kids down lately

Doha Sat 01-Jun-13 18:09:00

No--your DC chose to go with their dad. you have not let them down, they are at the gig which l presume they wanted.

Plan something for just the 3 of you tomorrow or next weekend. Do something nice for yourself tonight even if it is just chocolate and a bath

WhiteYFronts Sat 01-Jun-13 18:15:13

I assume by his gig you mean your son is playing? If so the I would go and who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks!

Doha Sat 01-Jun-13 18:22:42

Aghhhhh if it is your son's gig -l would go. Don't be frozen out by your ex !!!

mamas12 Sat 01-Jun-13 18:23:45

Hmmm yes they chose. To go but yes ds is playing , it's just so awkward, even if the other parents are there I feel as though they're thinking what the hell is she doing here. I've been to other gigs and there will be more to come. This writing down stuff revealing isn't it ok I'm not going!

Vivacia Sat 01-Jun-13 19:00:52

It sounds to me as though you don't want to go. I think that's ok and I think the idea of a hot bath and a good book sounds like a good plan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now