Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Argument over nothing ...but a bit pissed..

(6 Posts)
headintheclouds Mon 27-May-13 00:08:14

I've just had a ridicuculous argument and I don't even know what it's about! Married 14 yrs ...we never argue..
Had a lovely afternoon with the family ?.lots of alcohol ," and we get home and argue over nothing.. DH has stropped off to bed and I'm left downstairs feeling distraught.. I dont know what I've done.. What would you do ? Am I being unreasonable?

Lweji Mon 27-May-13 00:13:10

What was it about and what was said?

Are you a bit pissed, as well as pissed off?

SacreBlue Mon 27-May-13 00:17:07

If you had alcohol too, don't know what argument was about, and it's unusual for your relationship - just get some sleep for now.

Look at it in the morning if it still worries you.

headintheclouds Mon 27-May-13 01:55:39

Im sorry everyone who responded! i needed to get this down on 'paper' and out of my system ! I woke DH up and we've just had a big talk about this...Been addressed and already I feel better ( just read my OP back and big reality check.. I've spelled 'ridiculous ' the pissed way!) Message to self ...Alcohol tastes lovely..but NOT good in large amounts.. highly embarrassed!!! ( of course only just realised this at grand old age of 49!blush

SarahBumBarer Mon 27-May-13 08:22:07

If only all relationship posts ended this way.

Be kind to each other as your hangover wears off smile

I once had a drunken row with DH andcalled myself at work to leave a voicemail message reminding myself what an idiot he is. Guess which one of us felt like the idiot when I listened to it sober on Monday morning at my desk grin

SacreBlue Mon 27-May-13 10:31:50

Wire a big fry into you if you haven't already smile nice reminder that relationships can withstand the odd slightly alcohol induced row and still tick over with good communication aka what Sarah said

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now