Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can anyone shed light on this?

(7 Posts)
mrsdrew Sat 25-May-13 10:44:06

Met a man several weeks ago. Exchanged numbers and there's been a lot of texting/calling. All good but he works a lot and its been difficult to arrange an actual date. Had one planned the other week, were supposed to meet after work. Usually he texts a lot but nothing all day and I had to text to ask if we were meeting up and he only replied 5 mins before we were due to meet with an excuse about having to work. Nevermind I thought, stuff happens so tried again this week. Same thing, silence all day so I had to text and ask. No reply till 8pm! on this occasion..another excuse about work. Obviously I won't pursue anything with him now as clearly he's been messing me about but why??!!. He texts or calls EVERY day..sometimes calls or text conversations last hours and generally seemed really keen so WTF?! Obviously have wondered if he's married but I don't think so as there was never an occasion when he didn't answer a text or call whatever the time so seems unlikely. Has the kind of job where he can call/text a lot even at work BTW. I know this is no biggie and its not like I'm upset by it, am just bewildered!! Any ideas? Any male perspectives?

babadabadoo Sat 25-May-13 10:49:29

he is just texting you when he 'needs' you ie hes bored - is he a security guard? bin him!!! ignore ignore ignore

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 25-May-13 10:52:30

I could be wrong but he's probably in a relationship. Being with someone doesn't mean he can't text/call especially if he has that kind of job. Very easy to crack on to a partner that the call is something to do with business and take it in another room or talk in the car etc. Even if he's not in a relationship he sounds like a big fat time-waster. Wouldn't give him the satisfaction of responding any more.

scaevola Sat 25-May-13 10:57:28

So he's stood you up twice in a row?

I feel like channelling Lady Bracknell 'once may be regarded as misfortune, twice seems like carelessness'.

If you like him, stay in touch and see if he is ever interested enough to make an arrangement and stick to it. But I think I'd be putting my main effort for social life and/or potential relationship elsewhere.

springymater Sat 25-May-13 10:59:06

big fat time-waster

yes, that's it.

You're not hurt? I would be! As well as majorly pissed off!

mrsdrew Sat 25-May-13 11:23:45

To be honest, yes I am a bit hurt and mighty pissed off! Thankyou all for advice x

LEMisdisappointed Sat 25-May-13 11:37:24

I coudlnt be arsed with that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now