Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

unreasonable?

(7 Posts)
NKffffffffb16a1669X127429d818e Wed 22-May-13 17:11:39

I don't live with my boyfriend but see him most days. The other day I was going round but missed the train. I texted him to say that I would be there soon after 7pm - but didn't actually say I had missed a train. I then called to say I was at the supermarket and would be there in 15 mins, but he was really annoyed when I arrived. He is generally quite controlling and suspicious of me if I happen to go out and not tell him in advance for example if I decide to go shopping and don;t mention in advance he thinks this is not acceptable - we don't live together and I am used to being independet - is this unreasonable?

I think you already know that it is sad
You told him you were going to be late, that should have been the end of it unless you were heading for a flight/train and you'd have missed it as a consequence.

I think I would ditch before it gets more complicated.

UniqueAndAmazing Wed 22-May-13 17:23:57

unreasonable yes.

you know it is.
sad

not nice at all.
very controlling and big red flag.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 22-May-13 17:59:24

Do you have to ask? It's worse than unreasonable, it's positively nasty, creepy behaviour. I'd restore your independence on a permanent basis and dump Mr Possessive back under the rock he crawled out from.

BerylStreep Wed 22-May-13 18:00:37

Get rid pronto.

Squitten Wed 22-May-13 18:14:11

Hugely unreasonable. Run like the wind.

lemonandice Wed 22-May-13 19:57:24

You need his approval to go shopping or to go out? He throws a huff when you're unavoidably late? He's suspicious of you doing..absolutely nothing?

Sounds like a real charmer! Run for the hills!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now