Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can anyone tell me what 'the script' is?

(6 Posts)
lizzie479 Mon 20-May-13 13:27:32

I keep hearing 'the script' mentioned with regards the exh after a break up. Does this relate to how they behave during mediation..in person etc? What exactly is it?

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 20-May-13 13:35:44

It's the rather clicheed excuses and behaviour patterns that people tend to trot out after a break-up as they attempt to put themselves in a better position or justify their decision. Things like 'there isn't anyone else', 'it was a mistake to get married and I've never loved you', ...

bran Mon 20-May-13 13:42:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

overtheraenbow Mon 20-May-13 13:44:42

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/a1527705-Midlife-crisis-this-is-the-script
Read this thread. I have copied and pasted it and thinking of presenting it to my STBXH on Decree Absolute, so much for his being special and unique as he hates to be seen as ' one of the herd'!! grin

lizzie479 Mon 20-May-13 14:46:50

OMG I definately recognise this. Especially the forcing me to end it and then playing the angry victim. Its only with hindsight that I realise I have been tricked into thinking it was all my fault! Assholes!

whitesugar Mon 20-May-13 17:02:45

Lizzie little did you know you when you asked the question that you were already a fully paid up member of the club of people who have been subjected to the script!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now