Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just saw my STBXH for the first time in 7 months

(2 Posts)
AlwaysReadyForABlether Sun 19-May-13 20:16:02

Haven't seen him since the night I helped him move his stuff out. There have been a couple of texts in that time.
He came round tonight to collect some bits and pieces.
I don't know what I expected to feel but there was nothing - it was like speaking to a vague acquaintance.
Everyone irl thinks I'm better of without him and I tend to agree but am I stupid to be sad for what could have been.
This is a totally pointless thread!

Lweji Sun 19-May-13 20:24:42

smile No, not pointless.

Apart from the stress (think threats and physical violence) I feel nothing when I see xH.

And it's normal to feel sad. You have married this man and spent years with him. You are obviously disappointed.

I have finished a shorter relationship recently, we didn't live together or anything and the break up was not difficult but there still is some sadness too.
I think it's normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now