Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relationships make me act like a twat...

(5 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Sat 18-May-13 22:43:22

But mabe I am one anyway! I'd love to have a healthy relationship but so far they make me behave like this;
Needy, controlling, scared of abandonment, clingy, overlooking major flaws such as drug abuse etc, paranoid about being controlled and abused etc, etc....
The good things they bring out are: the fact that I am a good cook and like cooking for people, the sex which I love, the banter , my affectionate side, I am happy and chilled when going well.
I do get moods but when I am with someon emy PMT actually has an outlet; my dp.
When I was younger I was involved in an abusive relationship that nearly killed me. Mabe I am too scared to be in a relationship again but I do feel like I am sabotaging one of life's pleasures.

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Sat 18-May-13 22:46:17

I self sabotage too. I can see myself doing it, but cannot control it.

Diagonally Sat 18-May-13 22:56:17

What's the longest time you have been on your own?

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 19-May-13 07:13:48

So stay out of relationships for a while and work on your personal development, self-esteem and tackling your PMT symptoms. Don't be frightened to be your own woman rather than leaping into another desperate attempt to pair off. If you're a caring person cook, banter and be affectionate with friends .... have a healthy social circle so that, even when you are with someone again, you don't let them dominate your life.

HairyGrotter Sun 19-May-13 13:56:35

I was the same, I would reflect and often found myself at fault. I am now in a healthy, loving and fulfilling relationship. This relationship has made me realise that, although I have faults, I was always with the wrong person for me.

My DP is patient, communicative and loving. I have not felt clingy, insecure or mental! I think it works both ways, if treated right, you're likely to feel much better and the relationship will be healthy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: