Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I just want to be friend's. Yet again i have been.told this. Another rejection. That is four in six years. Any tips for carrying on dating because i feel very rejected :(

(13 Posts)
SoleSource Wed 15-May-13 19:23:15

No sex involved, just dates. With these guys.

Should i give up?

Spero Wed 15-May-13 19:25:45

Don't give up - unless you want to. Maybe have a break, recharge and rest. It must be very draining and dispiriting. BUT I think it is rare to find a spark with someone, its not a reflection on you being awful, just that you haven't sparked yet. I think it's only happened to me twice in twenty years...

BOF Wed 15-May-13 19:36:56

Can you get some help with your mental health and eating disorder? I think that you need to like yourself before other people will be attracted to you physically, and eating yourself to death and being lonely probably go hand-in-hand. If you'd address your self esteem issues and bodily health, I think that you'll start to come out of this rut of being sofa-bound and on the Internet all day. You might need antidepressants too. I know when I'm depressed I don't look after myself.

SoleSource Wed 15-May-13 19:42:04

I am exercising, eating betrer and feeling great. I don't really have mebtal health issues just stuff that goes with being a lonely Carer. I'm just honest in ly posts hete. I have more up days than down.

TwoFourSixOhOne Wed 15-May-13 19:44:27

Four in six years is nothing.

I rejected ten times that many men and the rest before I met and married DH.

And what BOF says too.

BOF Wed 15-May-13 19:52:31

Don't underestimate the low level depression that often attends full time caring- its worth checking out, and perhaps getting a dietary plan or join a supportive group like WeightWatchers or similar, with your GP's help. You might even get a fee reduction as part of the practice's commitment to reducing obesity. It doesn't seem fair, I know, but physical appearance does contribute a lot to how attractive we find somebody, and if you are very overweight (although it doesn't make you less loveable), you are reducing your chances of a potential partner fancying you and not just wanting friendship. So working on that side of things will be time well-spent, I think, as well as obviously improving your health.

lissieloo Wed 15-May-13 19:56:29

I agree with Bof.

FuckThisShit Wed 15-May-13 19:58:10

Wise words from BOF.

SoleSource Wed 15-May-13 20:03:00

True BOF very honest too

Wow! people tend not to say that and it is unhelpful by not saying it.

My therapist says i don't have deoression just stiff from ly childhood

But i have moved on and even.made a friend and feel less alone

Thank you BOF X

AnyFucker Wed 15-May-13 20:08:24

The very best advice is the honest advice

Patting someone on the head is not always helpful

BOF is a great advice-giver

Darkesteyes Wed 15-May-13 22:16:00

Sole i am a carer too. A month ago i started a healthy eating plan. Along with the obvious junk food ive also given up pasta potatos and diet coke.
Breakfast is two Weetabix (im thinking of low sugar muesli if i fancy a change.)
Low fat Super Noodles

Dinner is fish and vegtables.
And the odd mullerlight yoghurt.

Now i have no scales in the flat but going by my clothes i reckon ive lost between 5 and 7 pounds in the last month but it could be more.

I did Slimming World in 2002-2004 and lost ten stone but it was the green plan which involved pasta and potatoes .
Ive discovered that although i could get away with a carb heavy plan at the age of 29/30 not so at 39/40.

Darkesteyes Wed 15-May-13 22:18:03

The noodles are a snack if i get hungry. Its not part of breakfast.

I will admit ive been very hungry though. Ive just been trying to ride it out.

Darkesteyes Wed 15-May-13 22:30:42

Just wanted to say i know how you feel Sole. The lonliness and having to put your own needs to one side is depressing and isolating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now