Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do your friends ever get jealous of your relationship?

(2 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Sun 12-May-13 22:15:47

I've had this with my most recent ex. We were happy bar a few hiccups. One friend admitted she was jealous and made comments about us, trying to find loop holes etc. Another friend made some snide comments during my birthday meal.
Most friends were supportive; happy for me when things were going well, pointed out red flags when they needed and sad for me when things didn't work out. I've had mates take me on shopping trips, pedicures, going out with me...honestly, they have been great.

My so called best mate hasn't phoned me since the braek up. She came over to do some woo therapy on me when I'd just broke up and I said no thanks , I just needed a shoulder to cry on. I told her to do the therapy when she was properly qualified and when my head was more sorted. Hasn't bothered since.
So what do I do about my jealous maties? Keep them at arm's length when I next find a man I guess?

badinage Mon 13-May-13 00:43:29

Maybe they are exasperated, not jealous?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now