Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do you make of this letter?

(45 Posts)
Letters Sat 11-May-13 19:07:43

Found a hand written letter in the pocket of DH's trousers. The letter is written in very fancy writing, it has a name at the top then 3 women's names (exotic type names) with their phone numbers then at the bottom the name of one if the previous women and a mans name (not at all exotic) with a land line number. Then under that the other two women's names and a landline number. Both landlines are local to my area. By one of the women's names he has written a 'D' then by the other women's name 'Sin L'. He has been wearing these pants to do work in the garden the last few days so I know it is recent. Any ideas what it could mean?

Letters Sat 11-May-13 19:08:41

Ps he knew I was checking his pockets as he was in the next room and I shouted to ask if the pants were for the wash and if he had checked the pockets as he is a bugger for leaving all sorts in

EllaFitzgerald Sat 11-May-13 19:11:09

Ask him.

Has he done anything to make you mistrustful of him?

Letters Sat 11-May-13 19:13:41

Yes sadly hmm can't ask as he won't tell me the truth and I don't trust what he does say

ChasingStaplers Sat 11-May-13 19:16:05

If he won't be honest (which is a whole other issue for another thread) then ring the numbers?

BriansBrain Sat 11-May-13 19:16:30

It's written in fancy writing and then your DH has written D and Sin L?

BriansBrain Sat 11-May-13 19:17:30

Google/LinkedIn the names?

Piemother Sat 11-May-13 19:17:31

Phone the numbers?
I don't understand - if its a letter to whom is it addressed and signed off by?

RubyOnRails Sat 11-May-13 19:18:11

Sin is Spanish for without, not sure if that's any use though. What about the co tent of the letter, what does it say?

Portofino Sat 11-May-13 19:19:35

Was the letter in his pants or his trousers?

gettingeasiernow Sat 11-May-13 19:19:39

Is the letter in his handwriting? What does it say?

Letters Sat 11-May-13 19:21:08

Sorry meant just phone numbers on a piece of paper not actual written script. Googled all names and numbers but nothing has come up. Yes it's fancy hand writing- not his. D and Sin L in his writing in black pen

Letters Sat 11-May-13 19:23:03

Pants are trousers I am a northern girl but first time I wrote trousers as I thought people would understand better, totally forgot the second time as I was in full swing of writing confused

noddyholder Sat 11-May-13 19:24:31

D divorcee Sin L single lady

MortifiedAdams Sat 11-May-13 19:26:45

So.....you cant ask him as you dont trust what he says.....he doesnt tell the truth.....

Why on earth are you with someone who lies to who and who you cant trust?

CajaDeLaMemoria Sat 11-May-13 19:27:55

I agree with Noddyholder. That's what it'd mean around here, anyway.

DearPrudence Sat 11-May-13 19:30:00

I think Noddy has it too. Sorry sad

CourgetteSmuggler Sat 11-May-13 19:31:02

Call the numbers? Facebook the names?

thenightsky Sat 11-May-13 19:33:59

Agree with Noddy sad I think those abbreviations are used on dating sites.

Letters Sat 11-May-13 19:34:05

Face booked, googled and linkedIn all names and numbers- nothing has come up at all. I'm going to have to ring aren't I? What do I say?

Leverette Sat 11-May-13 19:36:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Orangegrove Sat 11-May-13 19:39:23

Sin L = Sin leader D = Dominatrix

Sex Group contacts or dogging - depressing I know and I hope it is something innocent...

Letters Sat 11-May-13 19:40:35

He deletes most Internet history but have access to both computers/iPad. Have access to the two email accounts I know about but I wouldn't put it past him to have one/others I don't know about again I'm sure it's nothing and I'm overreacting. Just thought if it was a company type thing a google search would show up

CajaDeLaMemoria Sat 11-May-13 19:40:54

Where could he have met women recently? If they are written in someone else's handwriting, someone must have given it to him, and then he's made notes on it.

CourgetteSmuggler Sat 11-May-13 19:42:18

Ring ans say something like.. 'I've found a storecard/debitcard with your name on it, do you have a work address?' At least then you have something to go on?

Perhaps he is planning something for an anniversary/birthday?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now