Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm finally divorcing DH after affair - anyone else in the same situation?

(4 Posts)
LivingNightmare Fri 10-May-13 21:53:16

You might remember my previous posts a while back. About a year ago I posted asking for advice about whether to give my cheating DH another chance. Well, I did, and we've hobbled along since. Two weeks ago I discovered that he's started sleeping with same OW again and that was the final straw. I threw him out then and there and filed a divorce petition a few days later. We have 3 young DC's so this is going to be so difficult but I'm determined not follow through with this divorce, I've just had enough. Although I've got a lot of RL support I'm also interested in getting in touch with other MN'ers who are going through or have been through similar situations. I figure my RL friends can only take so much! Feel free to PM me or post here.

LN

skaboy Fri 10-May-13 23:10:01

Yes I'm in the same position

Unfortunately I haven't been able to do the throwing out bit, despite being

The main carer of the kids for years
The person who stayed faithful
The main breadwinner

Its harder being a bloke in this situation it seems sad

Sidge Fri 10-May-13 23:15:10

Me!

Threw him out last summer, my decree nisi was heard in court today.

Have 3 children, work pt and no support (and DD2 is disabled with SN)

I am far far happier than I was this time last year. It's bloody hard but so much better than living with the anxiety, mistrust, suspicion and misery.

Be strong smile

Skillbo Fri 10-May-13 23:15:20

Not divorcing yet - just separated - but also feel like i can't vent much more in rl.. it's been 4months but OW only 'confirmed' recently - today he's changed his relationship status on FB so it's out for all to see now! Makes me sad of course as he's made me feel like I've been at fault for our marriage breakdown but so so SO angry that my kids have such a shit for a father who has been flaunting this woman in their faces since the day he left!! and breathe... smile

Still feels so raw!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now