Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

When STBXH won't leave

(6 Posts)
EscapingtheEnemy Wed 08-May-13 13:49:23

Please help. Afraid that H may see this so will try to keep details vague. I've also namechanged.

I realise all circumstances are different but if anyone has been in this situation can you tell me what happened?

I realise I need to see a solicitor but will have to borrow some money which won't be easy.

H thinks we should still give our relationship a chance. Don't want to go into it all here but I most certainly don't want to do that.

If I saw a solicitor do you know what they could do? What sort of time frame is there?

I have seen a solicitor already for the free half hour but I can't remember all she said about getting him out.

I would just like to hear how others managed when their H just refuses to leave. Thank you so much.

Samebod Wed 08-May-13 13:56:35

I left,difficult as I had no income but I couldn't live with STBX.

Is that an option for you?

EscapingtheEnemy Wed 08-May-13 13:59:18

Trouble is, much as I would love to, I would really rather keep the DCs here in their house. Less disruption. I also have more equity in the house.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Wed 08-May-13 14:06:51

If he refuses to leave then i think you have to go through the legal channels to force a sale of the house.

Have you tried offering to buy him out?

fuzzywuzzy Wed 08-May-13 14:07:03

Depending on how acrimonious it is it won't be quick, I got my decree nisi within 6 months the decree absolute took forever as ex fought the financial settlement part tooth and nail.

If his an a named owner then you cant get him out.

I got ex out the house ASAP as he was violent and I called the police after one particularly nasty assault, they put him on bail and I got a non mol out agaisnt him, then I began divorce proceedings as I could't live like that anymore.

You may need ot just grit your teeth and get on with it.

EscapingtheEnemy Wed 08-May-13 14:10:31

Thank you for your "stories". That is what I would like to hear. Yes I've said I will buy him out. It's the awfulness of living with him while the law takes it's time which worries me. He is in no hurry to do anything at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now