Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I need some positive stories. Love after long term relationship and DC.

(14 Posts)
BatgirlForever Mon 06-May-13 09:14:47

I'm 25 years old, 1 DD and split with DP 6 months ago after 6 years together.

We were due to get married this year but that turned out to be a bandage for all of our problems.

I know at 25 it's not old yet but I'm starting to wonder what's out there for me. Ex DP t

Is it harder to find love again with a DC in tow?

Please tell me some good stories so I know there's still hope for me!

BatgirlForever Mon 06-May-13 09:15:43

Damn, posted too soon.
End of 3rd paragraph should say, ex DP told me no one would ever want me with a child.

2anddone Mon 06-May-13 09:20:11

I am 36 with 2 dc. H recently walked out so watching with interest!!

Freddiemisagreatshag Mon 06-May-13 09:22:39

I am almost 6 years out.

I have never had any bother finding boyfriends and any men I've dated it has been me who has ended it - I'm very picky!

Haven't found the love of my life but its fun looking grin

I'm 45 so significantly older than you though

PaperPomPom Mon 06-May-13 09:26:10

From sort of the other side - my DP is 39 with two children, was married 15 years when they split, his ex told him the same thing. We are getting married this summer after 3 years together smile

PaperPomPom Mon 06-May-13 09:26:33

Oh, and he isn't an EOW Dad either.

BatgirlForever Mon 06-May-13 09:27:35

grin
Because of DD I can't actually go out that often, so I'm starting to wonder where I'll actually meet someone to even date!

Trying to find a hobby is a hobby in itself also!

BatgirlForever Mon 06-May-13 09:28:57

PaperPomPom that's lovely! Congratulations!

There is hope for me yet! Haha.

ColinCaterpillar Mon 06-May-13 09:36:40

I'm going through a painful break up at the moment, honestly, my dad was talking me down from a cant-live-without-my-ex moment and made me feel so much better.

At 36, mum left him with his two teenage daughters and divorced him. He said it cut him in two and he never thought it would have come to that and never thought he'd be happy again. Five years later he met his now partner. She has been a wonderful addition to our family, along with her DC. Dad says he is happier than he has ever been and can't believe he thought he was happily married and is so much more fulfilled. So sometimes things have to fall apart so that better things can happen. repeats to self

Branleuse Mon 06-May-13 09:41:09

i was with my ex for 9 years. He left me when ds1 was 4. I was devastated, but not long after that I met my dp who is the love of my life and now have 2 more kids and he loves ds1 like his own and weve been together nearly 8 years now and it is lovely.
The sort of relationship i never really believed id have.

exh is remarried and seems happy enough

BatgirlForever Mon 06-May-13 09:45:08

ColinCatapillar, that is very similar to my dad, he was on his own with me and my brother when he met my Mum. I couldn't ask for a better Mum, she is amazing! They have been together 19 years now!

BatgirlForever Mon 06-May-13 09:46:17

Branleuse, that made me feel all warm inside grin!
Feeling better already!

theoldtrout01876 Tue 07-May-13 02:29:46

I was with exh for 15 years married for 13 when we got divorced. I met my now Dh after I threw exh out but before divorce was final. We married 9 months after divorce was final,I had 3 kids with exh,I was 38. We have been married 10 years and have an 8 year old Dd,still as happy as clams.smile

BatgirlForever Tue 07-May-13 14:39:46

Theoldtrout, thank you for replying. I am definitely finding some faith that I won't be alone forever! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now