Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do you feel when you see your ex around?

(16 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Thu 02-May-13 20:59:36

I am dreading this...especially if he's with another women as he lives in the same town as me. Luckily he works away. I hope enough time will pass to dissolve most of the hurt. What I hate most is when we end up blanking each other as has happened with men in the past. Very upsetting.

chocoluvva Thu 02-May-13 21:04:27

Aww. Horrible. When did you break up?

superstarheartbreaker Thu 02-May-13 21:07:30

Two weeks ago. Hurting still. He didn't leave for another women. He left me because I am a twat. I do feel unlovable right now.

superstarheartbreaker Thu 02-May-13 21:08:22

Also I havn't seen him yet but as he's not talking to me at all I assume he will blank me. Seems to be what they do!

Piemother Thu 02-May-13 21:23:43

Annoyed is how I feel when I are exh⬇.

ColinCaterpillar Thu 02-May-13 21:26:33

I've got this to come as well from my abusive ex who has left me for another girl and the last time I saw him was the first I knew of them and that we were finally over. There was a showdown and it was not pretty. I looked deranged. I imagine there will be a rush of adrenaline, I will feel sick and cry.

My other ex, do you know, we parted amicably and are friends-ish and seeing him always makes me happy.

2anddone Thu 02-May-13 21:30:39

I have only seen h when he comes to see dc so I am expecting him iyswim. I am dreading the day we bump into himm in town and I have dc and he is with someone else. Currently he is saying there is no ow, we shall see sad

bugdem Thu 02-May-13 21:48:31

I split up with my ex a year ago and have only bumped into him once in a local nightclub. He was there with his new girlfriend. I just pretended I didn't know him, that he was just another guy in the club. He caused too much hurt on purpose for it to be worth my time speaking to him.
With another ex, I say hi and ask how they are when I see him.

ImperialBlether Thu 02-May-13 21:57:08

I think, "Who's that fat bastard?"

HTH

grin

FourLittleDudes Thu 02-May-13 21:57:40

ExH - I see him all the time as we have children, we get on fine.

Ex1 - was over 3 years ago and for at least the first year it cut like a knife seeing him, especially when he was with a new woman. Now though, he occassionally messages me on fb, if I see him out and about he gives me a hug and we chat, I get introduced to his new girlfriends if they're with him. I must admit though, I still have a soft spot for him.

Ex2 - current ex and father of my youngest children. We are polite.

Concentrateonthegood Thu 02-May-13 22:02:28

I've just been out to dinner with my ex of 11 years. All the hurt and pain is gone for and we had a lovely evening. I couldn't have faced him in the early years though. Your angst will pass but it's probably a bit too soon

YoniBottsBumgina Thu 02-May-13 22:07:34

I bet you're not a twat.

Lweji Thu 02-May-13 22:07:44

If XH, I would be worried and reach for my phone to call the police just in case, plus concentrate in every bit of what I've learnt from self defense classes.

If recent XP, then it wouldn't bother me that much, but I'm not sure we could chat up as friends yet. He was a bit annoyed, I think.

YoniBottsBumgina Thu 02-May-13 22:10:42

It does take a while to get over someone no matter the reason for the break up. I once saw an ex and immediately turned around and ran in the opposite direction so he wouldn't see me! I felt really panicky and shaky for ages.

Do you have children together?

StuffezLaYoni Thu 02-May-13 22:17:18

I think "what was I thinking?" He now has convictions for sexual assault and criminal damage, wears skinhead, Union Jack shit and has dyed his atrocious beard green.
Are you ok OP?

corlan Thu 02-May-13 22:43:10

ImperialBlether grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now