Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If you have split from your husband or father of your children in the last year or two, are you still friends on fb?

(20 Posts)
TwinkleTits Thu 02-May-13 20:12:30

I split up from mine, but we're getting on great. He see's the kids here (until he gets his own place sorted) he has dinner here, hangs out, everything is fine.

Except he deleted AND blocked me from fb. I dont think the deletion really bothers me tbh, its the blocking. As though I might hound or stalk him hmm Cant say that I have ever been guilty of either of those things.

He said he did it after a row which was a while ago, and appologised profusely. Only, Im still blocked.

Doesnt it seem.... Odd?

Or is it odd that I find it odd?

TwinkleTits Thu 02-May-13 20:13:02

Im case its worth mentioning, it was my decision to split.

awkwardsis Thu 02-May-13 20:16:07

I deleted and blocked immediately that he left me. I don't want to see pictures of him and his life when tbh he did his very best t destroy mine. I think you're playing a dangerous game pretending everything's fine, ime. You left him and despite you putting on a show of being fine, hanging out, I'd say a clean break is far less confusing all round. I let dp round to my house at first, to hang out, watch tv and have dinner. Then I had a word with myself.

2anddone Thu 02-May-13 20:17:27

I could have written this exact post, except we are still fb friends and he still has himself listed as married to me but then so do I to him as it has only been a few weeks and that seems really final in an odd way.
If he has blocked you I would say definite ow and he doesn't want you to know. As I said I am in a similar situation to you as he comes here as nowhere of his own yet and he knows once he gets someone else I will not be as willing (and neither would she if me and him were friendly) to have him round for tea etc

JaceyBee Thu 02-May-13 20:18:16

Yep! And with his new gf. But we're weird like that smile

DotCottonsHairnet Thu 02-May-13 20:19:50

I am still fb friends with my stbxh - though I have unmarried him on there - he still has his status as married though even though the split was his idea.

Tbh I am the fb user - he really doesnt use it much or understand it - which is how I found about his ow wink

chocmallow Thu 02-May-13 20:20:31

No he de-friended me. It was my decision to separate and he said he just couldn't stay friends and see me moving on with my life. I completely understand. I think it was the right decision for both of us.

worley Thu 02-May-13 20:22:56

no.. as we sniped at each other on there..
i blocked him after unfriending him and he still commented on thing to me via texting.. ive also now had to stop mutual friends seeing my page..

however i can see his fb page via ds blush hes also recently announced hes in a relationship withsome one new and not even told the dc yet.. although as theyve read it on there they know.. he just diesnt have the decency to tell them..

fb is the devils work really

worley Thu 02-May-13 20:25:21

dotcottonshairnet smile i too found messages from ow via fb!! for some reason when he had a pm on there it would also send a notification to his emails...which with me being suspicious i snooped and found them. idiot

DukeSilver Thu 02-May-13 20:26:58

I am. We are friends in RL though so it would be a bit odd if we weren't FB friends too.

BestestBrownies Thu 02-May-13 20:30:22

I left my husband 6 months ago. He had deleted me, all my family members (despite being a godfather to DN), all my friends and all but 2 of our mutual friends before I'd even moved out!
It doesn't bother me at all, I think he wanted a clean break and that's his choice to make, but family and friends were really hurt by it and questioned if he had ever genuinely liked them or was just pretending to the whole time we were together (11 years).

filthypig Thu 02-May-13 20:30:22

Yes. I would guess that he deleted/blocked you because he has someone new in his life or perhaps he is misrepresenting himself on his profile (ie acting like he doesn't have kids - my ex friended some people on fb and one of them commented on a pic of him with DS 'cute kid', and he replied 'my nephew'!

- I didn't say anything.

thought this was going to say "are you still friends" but no, it's "are you still friends on Facebook" grin

< old gimmer emoticon >

Fairylea Thu 02-May-13 20:40:04

Deleted and blocked as soon as relationship ended.

I would never want to be friends with any exes on facebook. Too much hassle.

superstarheartbreaker Thu 02-May-13 20:45:41

Oh gosh- I have just deleted my ex from Facebook and we were only together for two months. Reason being that I really fell for him, he told me he loved me and we were very close and got on great. The split happened after a silly row and it hurt when he decided to end it so suddenly.

superstarheartbreaker Thu 02-May-13 20:46:24

I did write to tell him that I wasn't being petty. I just didn't deem it appropriate.

DotCottonsHairnet Thu 02-May-13 20:51:48

Btw we are despite everything still friends in RL - am getting my head around ow though kids less keen. However theynhave told me its ok for me to find a new man! Something I just might be working on ;)

Piemother Thu 02-May-13 20:53:22

Nope. I deleted and blocked him immediately and deleted his family for their sakes and mine. One huge issue in the marriage was privacy so I'm dammed if he's invading mine now!

meglet Thu 02-May-13 20:56:18

This was 4yrs ago but he was deleted and blocked. XP and his best friend were bitching about me and I refused to rise to their bait. So I left it a few weeks then zapped both of them.

skyebluesapphire Fri 03-May-13 01:26:35

I was friends with XH after he left then unfriended him and her then his best female friend OW said he was upset he couldn't see photos of DD any more so I added them back. When he got the divorce petition naming OW they all unfriended me for some strange reason grin. (XH, OW and her H).

I couldn't stand being fb friends with him, I don't want to know what he is up to or see OW putting a "like" on every bloody thing he posts!

I have blocked all of them now plus a couple if his family who unfriended me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now